• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are positioned very well for 2024 and on

Lame Duck

The problem is that this front office hasn’t shown it can draft successfully just as it hasn’t shown it cannot make impact signings in free agency on a consistent basis. Granted, we haven’t made or attempted many “big splashes”. Unfortunately I do not have the faith that this ownership and front office can get anything right. Cap space is great - maybe it can help to right the ship but I am going to say “prove it”. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

The problem is that this front office hasn’t shown it can draft successfully just as it hasn’t shown it cannot make impact signings in free agency on a consistent basis. Granted, we haven’t made or attempted many “big splashes”. Unfortunately I do not have the faith that this ownership and front office can get anything right. Cap space is great - maybe it can help to right the ship but I am going to say “prove it”. 

I do give Fitt credit for attempting to fix the line last year with Bozeman and Corbett signing, and the line was good last year. Injuries this year has absolutely derailed them but then Fitt also didn't find good depth. Fitt has missed on a lot his draft picks and that's what has also hurt us. 

23 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

We might not have 1st round draft pick but we projected to have $70M in cap space and if we restructure Moton, the number can rise to nearly $90M.  If we make Jackson post June 1st cut, we can save additional $11M.  In 2025, we are projected to have nearly $160M in cap space so we have to spend.

Next year FA market is loaded.  Of course some folks will get franchised but there’s a chance for us to go nuts.

Just leaving it here for some positive vibes.  While we are look like a complete trash, this team is positioned very well to flip this around in a very short period of time.

we need 3 corners

we need 2 more pass rushers

we need better wr's

we need to pay burns, chinn and luvu

I could go on but this franchise is years away and thats if young works out

43 minutes ago, panfanman said:

And let's not forget free agents have to want to come here.  Who wants to go to a dumpster fire?

Yeah, unfortunately we have very much become a team that has to overpay market value to attract FAs. Players with other options for similar money are likely to choose other options.