• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Fitt

App Panther

6 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

We are basically bargaining all the good players he draft when he came back just to fix the current crappy mess.

A mess that wasn’t created by him. They’re shootings themselves in the foot and then doing it again.  If Tepper had listened to Hurney and traded for Herbert who I was also high on predraft we aren’t in this situation. They were ignoring him and that’s party of why we are here. Tepper not listening to Hurney and not trading up for Herbert has literally destroyed this franchise at this point.

7 hours ago, Varking said:

For passing on Fields? Passing on Howell? Not taking two firsts for Burns? Trading away the one guy on offense who could help carry a young QB in DJ Moore? Picking Bryce over CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson? Seeing Baker be significantly better away from us? Drafting Mingo over Tank Dell? 

You forgot trading away CMC for a handful of magic beans.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Writing off rookies 4 weeks into the season....sheesh. You guys are really losing your marbles around this place

Not writing them off, but just judging off how they're trending...  Bryce is looking the least impressive/functional out of all the rookie QBs playing so far and we traded up to #1 (including giving up DJ) to get him.  That appears to be a massive miss, regardless of how he plays the rest of the season, bc had we traded up to say 4 or 5, kept DJ, and took him, AR, or Stroud, depending on how it played out, we still walk away with so much more value.  Now, they're saying we're looking to trade for a #1 WR, when we just traded one to get Bryce in the first place.  You can't play that hand any worse.

And as far as me mentioning DJ Johnson - he might be a rookie with great athleticism, but he isn't active and he's 25 years old.  He could be a late bloomer, but generally, if they're going to project well, a good staff can find ways to use them.

And then you have guys like Mingo, Zavala and Jammie.  We dont really know what we have with Mingo, but it appears they dont know how to use him effectively or get him the ball.  Zavala is the worst guard starting in the league right now, and Jammie made the team but doesn't play.  This draft is looking atrocious.

6 hours ago, Mills said:

At least he drafted Jaycee horn…Nevermind

Over Parsons! Another huge mistake!!  I hate to keep saying I told you so but if you dig hard enough on my predraft posts you’d see that I was upset about us going for Horn over Parsons, I got told I was too old school in how I viewed how teams should be built. But here I stand vindicated by it all!

• Pie 1

It won't matter if you fire Fitt and the entire scouting dept and coaching staff if the owner (and his wife), who "thinks" he knows football, is the one making the picks. The Panthers have become nothing more than Tepper's own little fantasy football team and he sucks at it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

As I said when the trade was made, they'd better be bloody right because they've given up the farm for the #1 pick.

Turns out they were wrong and the franchise is fuged for at least the next two years - and to rub salt in the wound the Bears are going to get the #1 overall pick. 

8 hours ago, Varking said:

For passing on Fields? Passing on Howell? Not taking two firsts for Burns? Trading away the one guy on offense who could help carry a young QB in DJ Moore? Picking Bryce over CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson? Seeing Baker be significantly better away from us? Drafting Mingo over Tank Dell? 

Trading for Sam Darnold and immediately guaranteeing him $19m

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

As I said when the trade was made, they'd better be bloody right because they've given up the farm for the #1 pick.

Turns out they were wrong and the franchise is fuged for at least the next two years - and to rub salt in the wound the Bears are going to get the #1 overall pick. 

If Fields truly does turn the corner they're going to flip that pick for another massive haul next year.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Guess who said this?

You gotta be aggressive,” he replied. “If you have a guy you have conviction on, go get him. You don’t wanna be reckless. But you wanna look to see what’s been done in the past, and if you have to give up some assets to go get him.

“I hope we’re not picking in the top 10 again, so it’s gonna be a lot more if you’re in 22 or something else at that point. This might be a year to do some things like that.”

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I hear you but there is no way they can pass on Williams if they have a chance to get him.  Their fans would absolutely revolt.

Williams is rumored to not want to play there. They can get a haul from the Vikings, Oakland, or the Giants for him. 

• Pie 1