• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was encouraged…

*FreeFua*

There were some good things today, which is better than no good things.

The first TD drive was gutsy.  The crowd was hostile, Detroit D was jacked.  They wanted to put us away right there.  

Sanders really fugged the team over.  We had a chance to stay in the game when it mattered and his poo ass coughs up another costly fumble.  This really hurt the team.

Not much else to speak of until garbage yards.  At least he made some throws once the pressure was off.

It wasn’t a good performance overall but it was his best so far.  Let’s just keep hoping for growth because we have nothing else to hope for tbh.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 4

Just now, t96 said:

a few throws were encouraging but were cancelled out by both picks, a step in the right direction but not where we'd ideally be with our 1st overall pick we traded the franchise for

I agree. Bryce has yet to prove that he's the type of QB that can put a team on his back and make the plays to lift his team to a win. He hasn't played up to his draft status yet. Still, he had some NFL-worthy throws (regardless if it was against so-called "soft zones" or not). 

The Lions scheme wasn't necessarily the best fit for deep throws, which I'd still like to see, but Bryce worked that second level with some comfort today. Too bad he threw the easy picks.

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

By what I saw in the 4th quarter from Bryce.

Look this is an absolute mess but let the kid throw and learn. He did some nice things in the 4th 

I hope next week they go in with the mindset of giving Bryce real game experience. They’ve been playing not to lose on offense and it hasn’t been working and Bryce hasn’t gained anything from it. 

We’re not a good team. So you might as well let Bryce sling it around and see if there’s hope

I was thinking the same thing. Just cut him loose. Can’t be any worse. 

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Look this is an absolute mess but let the kid throw and learn. He did some nice things in the 4th 

I hope next week they go in with the mindset of giving Bryce real game experience. They’ve been playing not to lose on offense and it hasn’t been working and Bryce hasn’t gained anything from it. 

We’re not a good team. So you might as well let Bryce sling it around and see if there’s hope

Prevent defense for the win! If only teams didn't try in the first 3 quarters

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

All the positive signs you’re talking about were accomplished during pat stadding trash time. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

a few throws were encouraging but were cancelled out by both picks, a step in the right direction but not where we'd ideally be with our 1st overall pick we traded the franchise for

Atleast we saw some of those flashes this week, I was so tired of the dink and dunk that I was ok with the turnovers just to actually see some of the flashes that bring life to the idea that he's gonna be a decent qb.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The score of the game isn’t the point. The point is he made the plays. A lot of folks here didn’t think he could do that. He made some terrible mistakes early in the game, but he’s 22 years old. 

Goff was one of those QBs that also struggled early on. Let the kid develop. It’s clear we aren’t going to win many games or any games so the rest of the season should just be about his growth. 

It's all the point Detroit had all but won the game in the 2nd quarter. Of course they are going to give up plays when they basically go prevent. When the game mattered and was in the balance is when he had the 2 picks which essentially sealed the game for them

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

All the positive signs you’re talking about were accomplished during pat stadding trash time. 

Look I’m trying here. He’s shown practically nothing for 15 quarters. I never thought he’d throw for 3 touchdowns garbage time or not

Do I think it’ll be ugly next week against Miami until it’s a blowout? Yes

• Pie 2