• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was encouraged…

*FreeFua*

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I didn’t jump ship. I’m riding with the guy on the roster. If CJ was here and struggling and Bryce was having a good season in Houston I’d be saying all of the same things about CJ. Just doesn’t make sense to dwell on it. 

There are many things I like about Bryce. Both these guys are good human beings and have talent. I'm still going to watch and see how the rest of the season goes. But I can't delude myself and pretend we didn't look at the QB with the clear best arm talent available and say hey no thanks I'm good. That's going to take some more time than a month. Hopefully we get a real head coach in here next season. In the meantime this season the team is only sinking further. The locker room is only going to take so much of this too. Defensive players are already basically giving up. It's going to get uglier.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I didn’t jump ship. I’m riding with the guy on the roster. If CJ was here and struggling and Bryce was having a good season in Houston I’d be saying all of the same things about CJ. Just doesn’t make sense to dwell on it. 

Why do you let the opinions of other fans bother you so much? 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Funny how putting Young in tempo and letting him run things looked 100x better than the huddles Reich calls.

Then again, it was garbage time, but still. Reich's playcalling has been an abysmal mess.

Reich should never be allowed to have any input on offense again. Like, not even able to be in the film room every week.

• Flames 2

57 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

People laughed at Pickett’s arm strength throughout the whole draft process last year…

Kenny has a better arm than Bryce

Yep… we skipped over drafting a guy with baby hands for one with an entire baby body.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Remember how everyone made fun of how weak Tua’s arm was/is?

Its better than Bryce’s. 

This is what stood out to me most today.  Sure, he looked better when they were up 18+ points and running prevent defense and we went uptempo, but the throws that were there early in tight windows that he couldn't complete were my biggest takeaway from today.  I think it was Chark he tried to complete one to in the back of the endzone early and it was probably only 10 or 15 yards, but it felt like that ball, even with a low trajectory, just hung up in the air forever.  He just didn't have enough zip to get it to there when he was open and it allowed the defender to close the gap and make a play.  This happened two or three times on similar passes in the first half.

Point being, I've seen enough.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

This is what stood out to me most today.  Sure, he looked better when they were up 18+ points and running prevent defense and we went uptempo, but the throws that were there early in tight windows that he couldn't complete were my biggest takeaway from today.  I think it was Chark he tried to complete one to in the back of the endzone early and it was probably only 10 or 15 yards, but it felt like that ball, even with a low trajectory, just hung up in the air forever.  He just didn't have enough zip to get it to there when he was open and it allowed the defender to close the gap and make a play.  This happened two or three times on similar passes in the first half.

You can see when he can't set his feet and they are just "arm throws" he has absolutely no zip at all. He underthrew multiple guys when the pressure got to him.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I've seen enough to realize that we traded a ton of assets to draft a guy #1 overall who needs to be surrounded by a great supporting cast to have a chance to compete. That sucks. Because the trade seriously cripples our ability to build that. Feels like we're being sold on another 7 year process.

• Beer 1