• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Growing Pains | Film Breakdown | Week 5 vs Detroit Lions Analysis

Ricky Spanish

21 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Don’t care about these breakdowns. Kid is too short and displays no nfl level skill.  He fails the eye test in every category. The sooner y’all accept that the better off you’ll feel. 

Imagine if you ran an nfl team using this mentality… the results would be hilarious.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

thats like the 4th time that has happened this season

Agreed but to his credit I think Thomas and Chark were responsible for the other ones.  I still kind of think Tremble has some potential and should be TE2 behind Hurst in this offense.  

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I don’t care if he throws interceptions to an extent. These WR’s are utter trash. So if he wants to take some chances instead of throwing 900 check downs go for it

I 100% agree.  I would rather him learn what he can and cant do by throwing a few bad ints in a season we arent winning anything anyways than just play super safe all the time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, d-dave said:

Here's an interesting one as well:

I think it's good to look at a large set of opinions in order to really read between the lines.  I was dead to the world yesterday so I had a chance to watch them.  For me, based on watching the game, and laying on my couch petting my dogs while watching youtube, there's hope.

We still have issues with guys not doing their jobs.  From the OL to WRs and TEs to the coaching - there are SO MANY issues with our performance, it becomes hard to hold Young completely accountable for the terrible performances.  While Young is not playing perfectly, he's a rookie, it's OK.  I'm not going to mention other QBs because everyone has a different situation.  Young is getting better, which is all we can ask.  

The coaches need to do a better job of scheming guys open, of using motion, of making everyone's life easier.  Tepper needs to just fug off - be a fan, go drink beer with ugly guys at the Huddle Tailgate, just leave the team operations to Frank and Scott.  You hired them - let them do their jobs.

The Bleav in Panthers podcast (https://bleav.com/shows/bleav-in-carolina-panthers/) had a really good episode this week with Curtis Whitley and some guys from the Miami show.  Whitley made a great point, when dealing with this kind of adversity - you find out what guys are playing for.  You have to have the leadership, which in our case is going to be developing.  

Overall, despite the losses, I don't feel like we're that far away from turning a corner.  I think after the bye, getting some of those injured players back, we can make some noise.  Then again, I am trying to be optimistic.  Why?  I'm happier that way.  I know, crazy stuff!

One of the more balanced takes on the state of our team. Well done sir!

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Here’s one showcasing Young being hesitant to pull trigger on a few NFL open type throws. Hard to disagree with this kid on what he’s seeing. I’d say he’s pretty spot on

The assessment is accurate. If random dudes on YouTube can see it then obviously defensive coaches watching film can see it and when you see how we are losing games it's obvious no one is afraid of our QB beating them with his arm. Bryce has to stand on his own two feet like the top pick he is and start throwing downfield. If not it's going to be more of the same and it's going to get even uglier.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, d-dave said:

Here's an interesting one as well:

I think it's good to look at a large set of opinions in order to really read between the lines.  I was dead to the world yesterday so I had a chance to watch them.  For me, based on watching the game, and laying on my couch petting my dogs while watching youtube, there's hope.

We still have issues with guys not doing their jobs.  From the OL to WRs and TEs to the coaching - there are SO MANY issues with our performance, it becomes hard to hold Young completely accountable for the terrible performances.  While Young is not playing perfectly, he's a rookie, it's OK.  I'm not going to mention other QBs because everyone has a different situation.  Young is getting better, which is all we can ask.  

The coaches need to do a better job of scheming guys open, of using motion, of making everyone's life easier.  Tepper needs to just fug off - be a fan, go drink beer with ugly guys at the Huddle Tailgate, just leave the team operations to Frank and Scott.  You hired them - let them do their jobs.

The Bleav in Panthers podcast (https://bleav.com/shows/bleav-in-carolina-panthers/) had a really good episode this week with Curtis Whitley and some guys from the Miami show.  Whitley made a great point, when dealing with this kind of adversity - you find out what guys are playing for.  You have to have the leadership, which in our case is going to be developing.  

Overall, despite the losses, I don't feel like we're that far away from turning a corner.  I think after the bye, getting some of those injured players back, we can make some noise.  Then again, I am trying to be optimistic.  Why?  I'm happier that way.  I know, crazy stuff!

I love the whole “how many times does Bryce have to hit players in the face before you appreciate his accuracy” comment. We need some stickum for their face masks. 

• Pie 2

On 10/11/2023 at 1:21 PM, Jay Roosevelt said:

Steve Smith put out a video recently discussing the Panthers and Bryce and mentioned the second INT and how the defender was able to make that play because Ian Thomas was supposed to be drawing the coverage, but because the defender didn't respect Ian's abilities as a receiver underneath he was able to drift back and make the play.

Imagine that… someone didn’t respect Thomas as a receiver. And yet he is still employed .

• Pie 1