• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you be interested in Bill Belichick?

59 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's looking more and more like Brady carried that duo far more than Bill did. 

I think this is a flawed way of viewing the BB/Brady split situation.

A big part of the reason that Brady wanted to leave in the end was because he knew the Patriots needed a talent re-fresh and he didn't want to waste his last couple years on that.  He went to an absolutely stacked TB team that then even brought in more talent on the cheap because they wanted to chase a ring with Brady.

The Patriots run was probably equally on both Brady and BB, for some reason people forget the defensive gameplays that BB has put together over the years to just completely neuter other offenses by constantly being able to take away their best weapon every week.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I think this is a flawed way of viewing the BB/Brady split situation.

A big part of the reason that Brady wanted to leave in the end was because he knew the Patriots needed a talent re-fresh and he didn't want to waste his last couple years on that.  He went to an absolutely stacked TB team that then even brought in more talent on the cheap because they wanted to chase a ring with Brady.

The Patriots run was probably equally on both Brady and BB, for some reason people forget the defensive gameplays that BB has put together over the years to just completely neuter other offenses by constantly being able to take away their best weapon every week.

I haven't forgot that but part of the big problem with BB is toward the end, he wasn't giving Brady weapons. BB has been GM/Coach and part of those duties include the refreshing of talent. Defense is great, but since the NFL has shifted to more offense heavy, BB hasn't made that move. He also hasn't been very good at refreshing the talent. Having Brady there chasing rings made it much easier to bring in premium guys at a lower price tag. We view BB differently and thats cool. I consider BB a retread at this point in his career. 5 years ago, no. I think his prime coaching days have passed him by. 

Would be cool, but there is nothing here for him to succeed with, can't think about the draft till 25 , have no elite vets 

And I am starting to think the biggest reason for his success was he had footballs version of Neo putting all the pieces where they needed to be(TB12)

I don't forsee anything good from him coming here , but he could do good somewhere with a franchise QB already in place though

Edited by Day1PanthersFan

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

LOL at people calling Belichick a "retread coach"

If there was ever a previous HC that couldn't be considered a "retread" it would be the best coach of all time.

It doesn't matter, as he's never coaching a game for anyone other than the Patriots, when he's done there, he's just done, it would be the weirdest thing ever to see him coach another team, he'll just move into some Patriots front office position.

Have you watched a Patriots game recently?