• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Make no mistake.... Frank Reich is on a tight leash... this is no Jay-Z 7 year plan garbage

TheBigKat

On 10/16/2023 at 4:52 PM, Tbe said:

I’m really hoping this mess takes a toll on Tepper at personal level. 

It’s obvious Tepper gets attached to guys. Whether it was Ron, Fitt, Frank, Bryce, whoever. He gets pretty buddy buddy with his hires. 

Hopefully having to fire his friends over and over again causes him to pull back from the day to day.

There are always exceptions.

Image result for miguel angel ramirez

Scott Fitterer is the real problem.yet let's blame it all on Frank Reich & change play ccallers.just makes no sense to tell a HC how to run his team & right there alone speaks volumes about David Tepper's ability to  or let's say more like inability to  properly handle & analyze this situation accordingly...

& please tell me who is supposed to successfully coach this team tight now ? & how & with what this current roster? are you freaking kidding me or what ? .because if you  actually believe that a new play caller or even a new head coach will fix this team right now then  you are not only kidding me but more importantly yourself as well...just saying

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, but do you also vividly remember it being Rhule's players, GM, and OC? Do you remember the QBs that started both the Cinci and Pittsburgh games? Lastly, do you remember what was left in the secondary by the week of the Bucs game? How can you hold that resurgence of misfit toys against the man when he basically took nothing and made it respectable? I would just like Wilks to get the shot that let's say Kingsbury got after him, the shot McDaniels is getting after Flores. Just once, I would like to see what he could do with an organization behind him. We definitely looked a lot more competent against the Lions than this year. Again, you guys would rather support a snot nosed coordinator than established team leaders. Quit being swept up in the shiny video game OC coaching style. You still have to run the ball and play defense. We have only been able to do that for five or so weeks in the last four years and you know who the coach was. 

I think we have different definitions of respectable.

The Lions game is really all anyone has to hang their hat on last season. How about that Buc's game? Can we talk about the decision making in that one?

Was Wilks coaching the team or no? Rhule was gone. He's a defensive minded head coach whose defense gave up 35 first half points. That's gotta be in the conversation of one of our worst halves of football in franchise history btw. Should we give Reich any sort of pass because he has some Rhule players left on the roster?

I think you're getting some wires crossed. You're suggesting I'm getting swept up in outside factors when it's clear you've got some of your own tied up in Wilks. I think he's a fine man. But it's clear to me and remains clear to me we were choosing between the wrong choices because our owner got scared after getting embarrased by Matt Rhule. He went with what he perceived to be the "safe" route and this is what happens. Reich is trash. But that doesn't mean Wilks would be working any kind of magic here either. He already showed he was very Riveraesque in that Bucs loss that ended up being a fight for the division title. Reich is similar in he's stuck in his ways is slow to adapt and is bafflingly stubborn. We forced ourselves to choose between two different versions of a head coach we already fired. Ron Rivera. I've said really all I can about the subject. Good luck to you and yours trying to enjoy what's left of our season.

Edited by frankw

I don't think Frank is even on the hot seat.  Tepper kept Fox for 2 years and Hurney for 3.  Went 2.5 with Rhule.  Dude is a patient guy or at least understands you have to follow through with your plan. 

Plus, you fire Frank and then who is the coach.  What chance does that person have of being named the permanent coach.  So we do the whole flip the whole staff again.  Maybe a new GM too.  Does the new coach like Bryce.  Do we go back to a 4-3 or be a power run team again. 

Be careful what you wish for.

On 10/20/2023 at 6:37 PM, frankw said:

I think we have different definitions of respectable.

The Lions game is really all anyone has to hang their hat on last season. How about that Buc's game? Can we talk about the decision making in that one?

Was Wilks coaching the team or no? Rhule was gone. He's a defensive minded head coach whose defense gave up 35 first half points. That's gotta be in the conversation of one of our worst halves of football in franchise history btw. Should we give Reich any sort of pass because he has some Rhule players left on the roster?

Come on dude. They literally signed a barista the week of that game to play corner because the secondary was so depleted. Three of those scores were just Brady tossing it up and CBs who are no longer on the team not being able to stop basic heaves to the end zone. You act like coaches don't need talent or something. Now if they got blown out like that with the 9ers or Cowboys talent on defense then I could see why you are being so dismissive.  Either way, Reich looks like shite and all the new shiny OCs who took jobs are losing as well. And that's with entire organizational support owner as well as GM. That is all I am saying is dude deserved a shot with that kind of support even if the leash would've been short. 

Whose fault is it?

1. Tepper, 

2. Fitterer, and

3. Frank Reich.

Reich should probably have taken a year off as the clip suggested (only he can really know that), but it's not like he inherited a situation where he should be winning games right now. This team is just plain bad and who caused that?

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Come on dude. They literally signed a barista the week of that game to play corner because the secondary was so depleted. Three of those scores were just Brady tossing it up and CBs who are no longer on the team not being able to stop basic heaves to the end zone. You act like coaches don't need talent or something. Now if they got blown out like that with the 9ers or Cowboys talent on defense then I could see why you are being so dismissive.  Either way, Reich looks like shite and all the new shiny OCs who took jobs are losing as well. And that's with entire organizational support owner as well as GM. That is all I am saying is dude deserved a shot with that kind of support even if the leash would've been short. 

We can split hairs but at the end of the day Wilks couldn't get it done. If he could have gotten us in the playoffs I feel like he pretty much would have been guaranteed the job. Does that mean I think he's a "bad" coach? No not at all. If I could get a do over and had to only choose between him or Reich would I pick Wilks? Sure. I didn't even want Reich he was not on my radar at all and I had to convince myself because he was our first offensive minded head coaching hire.

But this hire should have always boiled down to who would be the best coach to grow with our next young QB. We had to have known we were going to make a big splash move for a QB. Bryce Young is 22 years old. Reich and some of the dinosaurs on this staff were never going to grow with him for the next decade. They're already more than long in the tooth.

I just don't feel like you're extending the same level of leeway for the coordinators you speak of that you are for Wilks. Even though they aren't necessarily winning the Colts led by Steichen are certainly competing well given the circumstances.

But it's water under the bridge now. All that matters is where we go from here. If track record tells us anything it's that the Panthers led by Tepper will probably find a way to make the wrong decision again.

We'll see.