• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

LinvilleGorge

Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t understand why some are angry about the negativity on here, this comes with the territory, people are acting like we have troll accounts spamming negative threads or comments, most are respected posters, that like many of us, see the writing on the wall

having discussions about what the team can do to improve etc when they’ve demonstrated they are not interested in doing things winning clubs do, nor have an owner in place that instills hope that this is a possibility in the future, expecting the slightest optimism at this time is almost asking for the cure for cancer. 

the Bryce hates goes overboard sometimes but I mean you’re gonna get takes like that given the cost to obtain him, and the current showing 

• Flames 1

Positive/Negative.......doesn't matter.

While its a business to some and an obsession to others the bottom line for most people is its a game for entertainment and as such shouldn't be such an impact in a person's life that they should worry about whether comments are positive or negative.

A person should be able to just turn off the TV on NFL Sundays and read a good book or do some other activity instead without it ruining their lives.......

I realize "fan" is short for fanatic but would like to think that is more of a metaphor than a reality for most.

Whatever. Just let me know where not to look and I'll stay away.

I don't know what the best option is. Seperate the sides or let them bicker forever. All I know is that this is the new normal for at least a while with this team. Those chasing hope and those who have none until they are given very good reasons.

I am here to crap on Tepper and his product until I dump my PSLs and then I can figure out what I want to do from there in regards to the Panthers. So just let me know where to avoid because I'm done giving AF about Panther fantasies or long drawn out hope of mediocrity at this point.

5 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I don’t understand why some are angry about the negativity on here, this comes with the territory, people are acting like we have troll accounts spamming negative threads or comments, most are respected posters, that like many of us, see the writing on the wall

having discussions about what the team can do to improve etc when they’ve demonstrated they are not interested in doing things winning clubs do, nor have an owner in place that instills hope that this is a possibility in the future, expecting the slightest optimism at this time is almost asking for the cure for cancer. 

the Bryce hates goes overboard sometimes but I mean you’re gonna get takes like that given the cost to obtain him, and the current showing 

Yep.  It's just the reality of the situation and comes with the territory of what this team did to get Bryce and how they marketed themselves this offseason.  Like you say, when the hate just turns into banter and one spammy liners, the critique gets lost.  

However, on the flipside, conflating that, and the current fandom mood into the whole "this board sucks" or pining for some long lost days of the huddle is just silly.  It's a message board people.  It is what you make it, we're not here to delete threads and ban people galore.  

That's the most annoying content you see populating.  Ideally, sure, I'd love to see every thread on here like an Athletic deep dive article.  But getting down to it, I'd rather see a heated debate on Bryce between two dingbats than responses with the redundant "this place is going down to tubes" nonsense.

That's where the actual bans recently have come from.  It's from people being all coy, complaining via PM, and then eventually losing their sh*t, calling out the guy who gives them the place to chat.    

We can step in if it gets personal or goes overboard.  But some just need to deal with reality (not you cap'n, you cool).    

It's not too dissimilar to the beginning of Cam when we were getting used to all the anti-Cam accounts.  It's not even as bad honestly.  It's a cyclical process when you go through growing pains of a potential new QB, coaching issues, and a house flip like this team did.  

As a new mod, I'll be trying to help but seriously, some need to chill.  We can't dictate but we can help create the environment for good discussion.  That's the idea, hope more contribute.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

The vote tally is 25 yes, 23 no.

I'm leaning toward creating a pinned thread to give folks a place where they can share positive vibes. The board is largely negative right now which can  hardly be considered surprising when we're 0-6 and are well on our way toward our 6th consecutive losing season.

But with that largely negative vibe it means the folks who want to try to remain positive are going to get overshadowed and that creates even more frustration.

I sincerely think there should be a place in the forum for those vibes to be protected. Hell, I think it would be good for all of us.