• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Some How Made Me Feel Better...

chknwing

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

... the current owner of the Broncos had not bought the team before the trade was made ...

But quite honestly I dont get the hate with Tepper. He wants to win and will make big moves to win. I would rather swing big than not at all. Also guess what?! If Reich sucks, Tepper will move on. The contract wont keep him from continually pushing for excellence. 

You guys all complain about inaction with Richardson, now you complain about an owner that takes action. This place makes my head spin. 

An owner taking action is one thing. An owner that wants 100% control of all decisions on a team and pretty much just hires people to be figureheads and scapegoats is another.

Honestly, I think any halfway decent coach is staying far the fug away from us as long as Tepper is our owner - and I can't blame them for that. Tepper has proven to be a clueless moron in terms of running an NFL franchise.

• Beer 1

It's amusing that folks want to go to the mat for Wilson. He definitely had some dynamic ability as a passer in his best days. But the man had a horseshoe up his ass most times. So many prayers thrown up and hauled in via acrobatic catches. The one Super Bowl win to his credit was against a Broncos team that was probably the worst I've ever seen in any modern SB. That was a laughably lopsided game from the first snap. The one where he actually had to win it on his own they lost trying to give him all the glory. One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Ultimately he was undoubtedly talented. But fairly overrated.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I still gotta admit that I'm pretty shocked at how hard Russell Wilson fell off. The Seahawks knew it and fleeced the hell out of the Broncos.

Smelling his own farts too much.

Also, could be that Payton was as overrated as our fanbase always said. It isn't like he was dramatically successful before Drew Brees.

• Pie 3

Couldn't of have happened to a more deserving franchise and coach. I'll always despise Sean Payton for bounty gate and the whole Denver franchise can remain a cellar dweller for the remainder of time for Super Bowl 50. It was so obvious that the powers that be in the NFL weren't going to allow us to win. Obviously, we didn't make their job hard with how bad we played but the point still stands. I hope the Waltons have to pay Russ every cent of that contract. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If he is injured okay. But this has “diva” drama written all over it. 
I find it strange that Watson is the one reporting is and not the coach. 
Feels like the coach of the Browns isn’t the coach of Watson. 
We dodged a bullet. 

100% we dodged a bullet. I'm pretty sure Watson is healthy enough to play but is sitting out because he wants the team to lose and fire Stefanski. With his contract that he's got he'll definitely have a say in the new coach they would hire. I remember at the time some Huddler said that Tepper in our pitch to Watson offered him a say in the new coach we would hire when everyone knew Rhule was going to be bad and get fired before Waston came off suspension. At the time I thought it was crazy and just another Huddle rumor but with how desperate we were for a QB and with reports coming out of how Tepper is meddling I'm not so sure. 

54 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Not exactly…

ECC26336-C338-47C0-8BA6-81EF4D22DE3B.jpeg

7E5F1293-1C3E-4A8E-AEFA-32E1FC41E63B.jpeg

Oh, OK. I assumed the rating in the first pic was QBR (which 90-something is good), but it's actually passer rating. Of course the NFL developed the passer rating,  while ESPN developed QBR. The only thing about QBR is that we don't know exactly what it's measuring.

4 hours ago, frankw said:

It's amusing that folks want to go to the mat for Wilson. He definitely had some dynamic ability as a passer in his best days. But the man had a horseshoe up his ass most times. So many prayers thrown up and hauled in via acrobatic catches. The one Super Bowl win to his credit was against a Broncos team that was probably the worst I've ever seen in any modern SB. That was a laughably lopsided game from the first snap. The one where he actually had to win it on his own they lost trying to give him all the glory. One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Ultimately he was undoubtedly talented. But fairly overrated.

Okay Frank I was reading that and getting a deja vu and then I read “horseshoe” and was certain it was an old post of mine. Lol. I always saw it the same way. 

Russell Wilson owes his wealth to mostly luck and scrappy ‘that’s MY ball’ WRs.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If he is injured okay. But this has “diva” drama written all over it. 
I find it strange that Watson is the one reporting is and not the coach. 
Feels like the coach of the Browns isn’t the coach of Watson. 
We dodged a bullet. 

Dude Watson was medically cleared to play 2 weeks ago and hasn't even practiced. Just a rapist cashing checks.   Wilson is absolutely washed. Both on quarter billion contracts. Yet the Huddle would convince you NO ONE HAS IT WORSE THAN US (while Bryce can actually pay ball).

What the F ever

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, ClawOn said:

Dude Watson was medically cleared to play 2 weeks ago and hasn't even practiced. Just a rapist cashing checks.   Wilson is absolutely washed. Both on quarter billion contracts. Yet the Huddle would convince you NO ONE HAS IT WORSE THAN US (while Bryce can actually pay ball).

What the F ever

I will be critical of Bryce. But I will always agree that it is too early to be saying bust and I will continue to support him and hope for the best. He is getting better despite what some people say, imo. I just need him to eventually hit a receiver on those long passes he has been attempting.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

Oh, OK. I assumed the rating in the first pic was QBR (which 90-something is good), but it's actually passer rating. Of course the NFL developed the passer rating,  while ESPN developed QBR. The only thing about QBR is that we don't know exactly what it's measuring.

It's not the end all be all, but I like the attempt to try to provide context to game situations (i.e. a 7 yard pass completed on 3rd and 5 is much more valuable than a 7 yard pass on 3rd and 20).