• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Justin Fields as a backup next season?

CamWhoaaCam

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is why we should bring him in. He will push Bryce. Andy Dalton just can't apply that kind of pressure. I want to see what Bryce looks like with a legit QB behind him.

I’d rather just try again in 2025 with a new QB. We will be in the running for a top pick. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I still think Bryce Young is a huge question mark moving forward with his ability to stay healthy. I think we need to have a legit backup QB in case Bryce goes down with a injury or is not living up to expectations of a #1 overall pick. Why not bring in a talented QB like Fields. We know he's still growing as a QB but as a low risk high reward signing I wouldn't mind having him behind Bryce. Maybe they push each other to get better.

Thoughts on Fields as backup QB next year?

Delete this

• Poo 1

8 hours ago, ClawOn said:

I've seen some subpar threads on the Huddle,  but this one is another level.

I agree, but for probably different reasons.

I think that it says more about some Huddlers and their knowledge about football and how it works. Being very interested in human nature, as I believe that certain elements of human nature can be applied to any situation, I also don't believe that some people understand how much human nature plays a part in the things that people do and don't do.

But, getting back to your general point, this thread, the Hurst thread and so many others, in my opinion, have basically reflected very badly on what's supposed to be a football discussion board.

As for Fields, I don't mind competition, but I don't think that he's proven to be a gem in the NFL, and he also comes with an injury history. Of course I'm not oblivious to his less than stellar situation that has played a part in his inconsistent play, bad decision making, suspect processing and injuries, so he's a project, and unlike Bryce, he's had an appreciable amount of games to get his act together. 

All that being said, I'm not even convinced that Fields would be worth trading for. I don't know that what he's shown--or hasn't--is worth the distraction and upset to the franchise and Bryce Young. Now, that being said, if we were to trade for him, I personally wouldn't give anything more than a day three pick (or two, and lesser players). But, in general I don't think that's the kind of move that you make unless you've essentially given up on your guy. The only way that I'd fully support it is in the case of firings and bringing in new people who actually want Fields.