• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the chances Burns gets traded before the trade deadline?

CamWhoaaCam

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

the huddle really hates its best player... smh this is sad... how many times do we cry about trading a player onlt to watch them go ball out on another team and our draft picks suck in return. you guys smh....

This one is different, almost everyone was begging the team to lock him up before the season started, it just seems clear that he wants more than this team is going to pay, so we want to get a trade done now as opposed to an ugly franchise tag and hold out possibility.

32 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

the huddle really hates its best player... smh this is sad... how many times do we cry about trading a player onlt to watch them go ball out on another team and our draft picks suck in return. you guys smh....

I don't think Burns is the best player on this team. He has the most talent and ability, but right now, I think Luvu actually is a more impactful player on Sundays. In 4 years he's never taken over a game like we saw Garrett do today. That's a guy you pay top DE money for. 

None of us choose who we get to draft, but if Fitts had gone with a Huddle consensus, we might have had a better outcome. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

This one is different, almost everyone was begging the team to lock him up before the season started, it just seems clear that he wants more than this team is going to pay, so we want to get a trade done now as opposed to an ugly franchise tag and hold out possibility.

I don't see it that way. I don't think the situation is to the point of no return. He could have held out like bosa at the start of the season but loved the team enough not to. that tells me he wants to be here. depending on his numbers this year we might be able to save a few buck and burns doesnt seem like a greedy me me pay me 30 mil player.

Maybr his agent is pushing for that.. and he should get all he can get.... I dont think he would hold out regardless yho.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't think Burns is the best player on this team. He has the most talent and ability, but right now, I think Luvu actually is a more impactful player on Sundays. In 4 years he's never taken over a game like we saw Garrett do today. That's a guy you pay top DE money for. 

None of us choose who we get to draft, but if Fitts had gone with a Huddle consensus, we might have had a better outcome. 

Luvu is not better than Burns..  You have to account for teams game planning for burns and doubling him because if not him who else? Aaron rodgers acknowledges burns as different... even on hard knocks after the practice the other team was asking burns to team them to pass rush.

Nobody game plans for luvu or ask him anything. hes a great player but more a off the ball linebacker. He isnt a pass rush threat which is the most valuable position on defense and outside qb. 

Put me down for "won't get traded". 

Unless some team is offering 2 1sts or similar compensation there is no reason for the Panthers to pull the trigger. They can tag Burns in the offseason with the non-exclusive tag and let him see his worth on the open market; Either he gets his money and the Panthers get their picks or Burns comes back to the table at a more team-friendly rate.

He won’t get traded because Fitt needs this team to salvage what they can of this season or he’s likely gone.  I doubt Fitt is going to blow up what’s left of the team for draft picks he won’t likely be making.  It’s the same reason Fitt didn’t take the Rams package, and the same reason the Rams didn’t value those picks that much.  GMs are all about right now because they may not be employed years down the line.

The only way I think he gets traded is if a good receiver is involved in the return.  And I think that’s pretty unlikely.  Player for player trades are rare in the NFL and even rarer during the season.

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He won’t get traded because Fitt needs this team to salvage what they can of this season or he’s likely gone.  I doubt Fitt is going to blow up what’s left of the team for draft picks he won’t likely be making.  It’s the same reason Fitt didn’t take the Rams package, and the same reason the Rams didn’t value those picks that much.  GMs are all about right now because they may not be employed years down the line.

The only way I think he gets traded is if a good receiver is involved in the return.  And I think that’s pretty unlikely.  Player for player trades are rare in the NFL and even rarer during the season.

Lions are a borderline contender. They lack another pass rushers opposite of Hutchinson. They will come calling and we would be foolish not to entertain offers for Burns.

I think Burns is gone by the trade deadline.

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I just hope someone other than Fitt is our GM if we do in fact trade Burns for picks before the deadline.

If Fitt is still GM those picks will be for nothing because that guy can't spot talent at all!

This is why I don't regret not taking the Rams up on their deal to obtain him for 2 first round draft choices. If we had those choices I wouldn't have any faith that Fitz (or anyone involved in the current front office) to pick the right player. I think we have a major problem with our GM and the scouting department. Scott has shown a tendency to over-value too manyp layers...and this could be due to bad intel from the scouts. We know a GM doesn't have time to do enough college scouting to build the draft board by himself.