• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Smith-Marsette

DaveThePanther2008

We acquired this guy before the season started from KC.  He had a solid preseason for KC and according to Reich he was a good route runner.  Outside of Theilan our WR room is pretty much a bunch of JAGs. Mingo is a rookie and maybe worthy of his draft position as it appears he's getting better.   Outside of those two guys our other WRs are not very good.   Why aren't we putting this guy in the lineup and see if he provides some sort of a spark.

If we weren't going to put him in the rotation why did we acquire this him?  We could have filled the PR position with just about anyone.  

• Pie 3

Given the state of our WRs, I have to imagine they haven't seen much from him in practice as a WR and only plan on using him as a returner unless an emergency dictates him needing to be in on offense.

Maybe I've missed it, but I don't remember seeing him take any snaps on offense yet.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Given the state of our WRs, I have to imagine they haven't seen much from him in practice as a WR and only plan on using him as a returner unless an emergency dictates him needing to be in on offense.

Maybe I've missed it, but I don't remember seeing him take any snaps on offense yet.

I haven't either.

55 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

His PR judgement doesn’t seem that much better than Shi Smith who is probably the worst PR I’ve seen that never muffed a ball. 

I could see him taking a line drive to the house but nothing seems that dynamic about him. Not great not terrible. Would love to see him contribute obviously. 

I thought the reason we picked him up was to bolster our WR room but outside of Punt Return he's been a waste of a pick we gave up for him.  

We could have put anyone back there and saved the draft pick.  Though it was a 7th rounder we could have used it on a player that would contribute more.  

I think what gets me is that he had a pretty decent pre-season, which was why we picked him up in the first place.   He can't do any worse than what we've been putting out there so far. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, JackieLee said:

I mean can't hurt to let him run a couple deep routes to spread things out. Chark barely gets any separation for being our "speed guy"

The guy covering him fell down which is why he was so wide open lol. Usually when a guy has touched the ball a handful of times like he has for us you can tell if they have "it" so far he doesn't look like he does. Blackshear on the other hand needs to have more touches/passes go his way he definitely looks like he could develop into a very solid chance of pace back to compliment Chuba.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I'm more excited about Tarik Cohen getting up to speed.  If healthy he will be a major upgrade to the return game and probably a better route runner than most our WRs

Cohen hasn't played in 5 years.  What do you think he's going to come in and do?

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

His PR judgement doesn’t seem that much better than Shi Smith who is probably the worst PR I’ve seen that never muffed a ball. 

I could see him taking a line drive to the house but nothing seems that dynamic about him. Not great not terrible. Would love to see him contribute obviously. 

He catches the ball so I’m content with him. We’ve had way worse

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

As was said at the time of the trade when people were claiming KC's receivers were 'stacked' and that's why they let him go, he's not a good receiver at this point. Says a ton of he can't get snaps over guys like TMJ.

anyone thinking we outsmarted the chiefs and their front office/Reid is delusional