• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets fired tomorrow?

*FreeFua*

36 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Won't make a difference at this point. Team is terrible. 

It will make a difference. If Frank and Fitt still have their jobs after the season there is no hope for the future of this team.

Raiders fired both GM/HC and got a win today.

Tepper needs to give the franchise some type of hope. Frank/Fitt just aint it. Get it over with now.

• Beer 2

56 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

If we go 1-16 or 2-15 pretty much everyone should get canned  in my opinion. There's no excuse for this team to do markedly worse than what Matt Rhule managed to cobble together. 

Agree completely. Rhule didn’t have CMC for many games and didn’t have the “fixed” OL, it felt more competitive until the team got to the we can’t make the playoffs point. Look at what we did with Wilks to Detroit and what they did to us even though we “fixed” the QB hole.

I remember joking in the preseason hot takes that Reich would make us miss Rhule. It’s feeling like that wasn’t a joke.

• Beer 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, Waldo said:

It's a short week and they get to play the team they gave the #1 pick to on Thusday. At least wait till after that game.

IDK. I think we can hire a GM and let him take the lead on a rebuild. Yeah he would work with the current coaches but if they hire a GM with a HC preference then he just gets an extra year to prepare over Frank's corpse.

Doesn't matter. There is a Tepper problem that has grown from one to two. I have zero hope left. It's just all a comedy now to me

Yeah.  You at least keep everyone who was in favor of doing the deal with the Bears to move up for the wrong player.

When all of NFL history and precedent screamed Warning: This Has Never Been Done, they paid extra to do it. 

They need to spend time around the Bears and ponder what they have wrought, before being convicted and sentenced. 

• Beer 1

You have a “mini” bye week coming after this game. Any changes that need to be made will likely come Friday-Sunday. 

My guess is Scott and maybe some Assistant coaches. Letting Scott go now would give Tepper time to really look around before the offseason starts.

Then again he may just put Morgan in for the interim and let him roll with Frank another year and then clean house in both spots. By then you have two years of Bryce and a pretty good idea where you’re at with GM/HC/QB and start fresh at all 3 in 2025.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

You have a “mini” bye week coming after this game. Any changes that need to be made will likely come Friday-Sunday. 

My guess is Scott and maybe some Assistant coaches. Letting Scott go now would give Tepper time to really look around before the offseason starts.

Then again he may just put Morgan in for the interim and let him roll with Frank another year and then clean house in both spots. By then you have two years of Bryce and a pretty good idea where you’re at with GM/HC/QB and start fresh at all 3 in 2025.

And 6 wasted Draft picks and an albatross contract for Burns / Burns walking away for free.

Bite the bullet and hire a professional GM this offseason. 

• Flames 2

On 11/5/2023 at 9:26 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

It will make a difference. If Frank and Fitt still have their jobs after the season there is no hope for the future of this team.

Raiders fired both GM/HC and got a win today.

Tepper needs to give the franchise some type of hope. Frank/Fitt just aint it. Get it over with now.

Didn't their HC lose the team in the last team meeting? I didn't look too closely but that was the gist I got on a quick scan through the NFL. It's bad in Pantherland but that's like a Myer to Rhule comp, there is a gap in how bad in those bads. 

It's not just the HC and GM, they also sat the QB those 2 picked on a giant contract and won with his backup. You sure Tepper is ready to pull that trigger too? I think I am ready but it's looks like it's going to take a little more time for this to get to the spot it needs to be. And then there is the Tepper angle, what did he do and how does that affect the blame for where this all is? GM should be easy but is it really?

I think Tepper rides this one out, maybe into next year. Things escalate quickly so who knows but I haven’t heard anything either way. Fitterer would obviously be next up in the unemployment line but my understanding is that he is close to Tepper. 

So big pot of interesting on the stove right now.

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I think Tepper rides this one out, maybe into next year. Things escalate quickly so who knows but I haven’t heard anything either way. Fitterer would obviously be next up in the unemployment line but my understanding is that he is close to Tepper. 

So big pot of interesting on the stove right now.

Its best long term for this franchise to give noth riech and fitt another year unless absolute catastrophe happens but might as well let them run this back in 2024

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its best long term for this franchise to give noth riech and fitt another year unless absolute catastrophe happens but might as well let them run this back in 2024

If we keep playing this horribly, I'd be ok with promoting Deuce to HC and letting Reich go.  Give him 2024 to show us something and in 2025 we can do a full reset if needed.

16 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Fitterer would obviously be next up in the unemployment line but my understanding is that he is close to Tepper.

Yeah… this right here is a massive problem. Scott is well liked and as long as he’s around it’s very telling just how involved Dave is

@CamWhoaaCam listen up I have a perfect scenario for you.  We suck these next two years (seems likely) and land ourselves the top pick in the 2025 draft.  Which QB do you think that could be?  Sanders!  Also we will hire a new HC.  Which HC would want to coach Sanders in the NFL?  Prime!  We roll out with Coach Prime and his son with the top pick in the 2025 draft for our full reset!  

-Disclaimer- this post is half joking and meant strictly for entertainment purposes.

• Flames 1