• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seems like today put an exclamation point on it...

Huffgolf30

Bryce needs to sit and watch. More playing isn't going to.make him better if he keeps doing the same things wrong and he thinks he is doing it right. (If he didn't think he was doing it well he would do something else. Unless he can't which means he needs to sit and watch Dalton who is likely to play much better.  Maybe his injuries will act up and we can see Dalton in there.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Huffgolf30 said:

Made a huge mistake not picking Stroud (obvious at this point). Not even sure Bryce would be a 1st round pick if the draft were held today. My question is where the fug we go from here now that we made this collosal error.

I didnt like moving up...but Stroud was the obvious choice b/t the two.

Thursday could be a knockout punch for something to happen.  A loss to a Eferblus/Bagent Bears squad would be such an embarrassment. 

A problem I see-- let's say we completely fall apart...2-16

Reich and Fitt are gone, Bryce goes into Year 2 in a brutal fashion, and will be learning a new system, new offense.  How on earth do we climb out of this? What type of leeway can we give the kid? 

Will they have screwed up the timing so bad, that even if he looks average, it will be best to just move on in 2025?  Feels like the disaster that is this season under a GM in his 3rd year and an old coach in his 1st is just all sorts of wonky for the future.

5 hours ago, Varking said:

Other teams whiff on QBs too. You just have to draft better and sign better complimentary players going forward. Can’t change what we’ve already done. 

That's exactly what Fitt and Reich will say when they're trying to keep their jobs when they sit down for the end of the year interview lol. Tepper probably forced the pick but he can't fire himself so he'll blame one of the two somehow

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Puresteel55 said:

Draft Bo Nix if he is available in the 2nd.

I doubt he will be.

Under no circumstances other than Bryce retiring before the draft would we ever consider a QB in the 2nd, and I'm one of the biggest anti-Bryce people on here.  And even if he did retire, we probably would just punt on next season with a re-tread and shoot for a 1st round QB in 2025.

We can't move on from him until after Year 2 at a minimum unfortunately, and even then, we only can do it if we're able to draft a replacement in the Top 5 in the 2025 draft.

Most realistic situation is we're stuck with Bryce for 3 years as the starter no matter how bad it gets.  As he'll have his ups at times and it will keep him from losing the job like with Wilson last year, he won't be that bad consistently.

Again, that was also always the problem with Bryce, he was never going to be an elite franchise QB but he also was going to be too good to just cut bait without a top draft pick to replace him.

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Under no circumstances other than Bryce retiring before the draft would we ever consider a QB in the 2nd, and I'm one of the biggest anti-Bryce people on here.  And even if he did retire, we probably would just punt on next season with a re-tread and shoot for a 1st round QB in 2025.

We can't move on from him until after Year 2 at a minimum unfortunately, and even then, we only can do it if we're able to draft a replacement in the Top 5 in the 2025 draft.

Most realistic situation is we're stuck with Bryce for 3 years as the starter no matter how bad it gets.  As he'll have his ups at times and it will keep him from losing the job like with Wilson last year, he won't be that bad consistently.

Again, that was also always the problem with Bryce, he was never going to be an elite franchise QB but he also was going to be too good to just cut bait without a top draft pick to replace him.

Bo Nix

7 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

People really underestimate how bad this team is as a whole. Thomas Brown tried opening up the playbook last week and it resulted in 6 sacks. Started off doing the same thing today and immediately resulted in a few sacks. 

So now we’re stuck playing dink and dunk with no running game. Our WR’s are trash to boot and it’s literally a QB’s worst nightmare. 

yeah the interceptions suck, they were all ugly but this entire situation is a f’n mess. I have a tough time imagining any QB succeeding on this team  

I wasn't able to watch the game because of the time difference and the late start but managed to watch some of the highlights.  One sack in particular, literally all four Defensive linemen were on top of Young.  There isn't one QB in this league, before, now or yet to come, that would have escaped that rush.  Our line is atrocious and that's probably being kind. 

This was supposed to be an "All-Star" coaching staff but similar to creating the ultimate rock band, taking a bunch of great players doesn't necessarily mean it's a great band.  ASIA comes to mind.  

IMO this system does not fit the players that we have.  It has to be the system.  Our offensive line last year was pretty good and nearly every player is back from last year. Yet we look worse than the 2002 Texans where David Carr was sacked 76 times. 

Young had a very bad day and those days are going to happen especially for a rookie.  Regardless we are stuck with him for a least another season.  I seriously doubt one of the 2024 rookie class QBs will fall to pick #33 so 2025 will be our next chance to fix the QB spot if Young is a BUST. 

11 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Does nobody on this forum realize how freaking terrible this entire team is? I keep hearing about Stroud( I’m a Buckeye fan) but put him ON THIS TEAM with THESE RECEIVERS and with THIS O-LINE and tell me he would be putting up the same numbers… 

Feel the cope.  Feel it in your veins.  

• Poo 1