• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF! Panthers at Bears - Predictions

Newtcase

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bears also have clear cut matchup edge that works in their favor.  Good rush O vs our bad rush D. 

And you beat the Bears in the air not the ground.  And our pass game is a dumpster fire. 

TNF is weird though.  I don’t expect a really close game.  One team will just be really bad and one team has an easy night.  And you can’t really predict it. 

I just have to hype myself up going into each week, man. Thats all I am doing lol

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just have to hype myself up going into each week, man. Thats all I am doing lol

Hey, if there is a time for your team not to look how they normally do…it’s TNF.  No doubt.  

like I said, some teams just gift those games.  Maybe we get that luck. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

There is something very wrong if the Vikings can bring in a QB that hasn't taken a snap, hasn't thrown to any of the receivers even in practice and doesn't even know their names and they can move the ball comfortably, score, and win, yet we have such a hard time.

Let Bryce play schoolyard ball. Let him play uptempo and stop worrying so much about the right call and everything. Let him go out and play football, just once. It cannot possibly be as worse as what we are doing out there already

Luke Kuechly was talking about this in the pregame on the radio broadcast.  He plays a different side of the ball of course but he explained it like, he played his best when he could play fast.  Meaning instinctively and reflexively rather than having to think a lot about what he was doing. 

Of course he'd binge film and put in the prep work and all that, but in the game he'd get the call, get everybody lined up, and when the ball was snapped he'd take his gap assignment, cover his man, drop into whatever coverage, and that's it.  And he's a first ballot Hall of Famer because of it.   

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Luke Kuechly was talking about this in the pregame on the radio broadcast.  He plays a different side of the ball of course but he explained it like, he played his best when he could play fast.  Meaning instinctively and reflexively rather than having to think a lot about what he was doing. 

Of course he'd binge film and put in the prep work and all that, but in the game he'd get the call, get everybody lined up, and when the ball was snapped he'd take his gap assignment, cover his man, drop into whatever coverage, and that's it.  And he's a first ballot Hall of Famer because of it.   

This is exactly it. Bryce is overthinking, every damn play. It doesn't help that they are huddling and taking most of the play clock every play either. When Bryce was great at Alabama, he was playing fast, moving outside of the pocket, improvising, a lot like Mahomes. He hasn't moved outside of the pocket much at all here. I don't know if that is the offensive line, playcalling, or both, but run Bryce on some bootlegs for heavens sake. They are forcing him to be Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers right off the bat.

12 hours ago, amcoolio said:

This is exactly it. Bryce is overthinking, every damn play. It doesn't help that they are huddling and taking most of the play clock every play either. When Bryce was great at Alabama, he was playing fast, moving outside of the pocket, improvising, a lot like Mahomes. He hasn't moved outside of the pocket much at all here. I don't know if that is the offensive line, playcalling, or both, but run Bryce on some bootlegs for heavens sake. They are forcing him to be Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers right off the bat.

Bryce has been out of the pocket plenty. There’s no designed rollouts but he escapes constantly. 

when he does, he gets ragdall’d from behind by a defensive tackle because he still thinks he’s playing a september game against south alabama state. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Probably so…but the other side gets paid too.  And given the Panthers literally don’t threaten the field vertically….NFL defenses are playing our small ball.  And we are content asking them to try to stop it.   And we play small ball with non-small weapons.   End of the day, we are just going to lose that battle overall.  Doesn’t really matter the QB.  It’s definitely not going to end well for a rookie.  Any rookie. 

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Bryce has been out of the pocket plenty. There’s no designed rollouts but he escapes constantly. 

when he does, he gets ragdall’d from behind by a defensive tackle because he still thinks he’s playing a september game against south alabama state. 

I still find is sadly hilarious how the commentators always say Young was ragdolled. Seems to happen at least once a game. 
I think ragdolling was mentioned the last two games in regards to Young being sacked or pressured.