• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evidence of Tepper meddling in football operations?

TeppersEgos

What Tepper Said to Bryce Young on His Draft Night Phone Call

"So I got on the phone with him and I saw Bryce at the Super Bowl, you see a bunch of these guys at parties and such. So I said, 'Bryce, remember when we were at the Super Bowl? I told you we were going to pick a quarterback and I wasn’t kidding.' And I said, 'You want to trade in some Sweet Home Alabama for some Sweet Carolina?' He was just excited.

Nicole Tepper having to take and complete an inclusivity course in order to participate in the search for a head coach. No need to do that if she's not involved in the process. Also, she was on the phone making the call to trade the picks used for DJ Johnson. Tepper has said repeatedly and it's pretty well documented his influence is heavily present in the building. Matt Rhule hire. Frank Reich hire. He's involved in making decisions that are beyond his knowledge base to make. Pretty damn easy to see it. 

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Hey remember when Dave fingered his wife's asshole during the Matt Rhule press conference group picture?  In my beautiful eyes he can do no wrong after that 

I know exactly what you are talking about. She jumped and smiled when he did it. 

As telling as his drunk interview and he gave Mixon a dirty look when he didn't like what he was hearing. 

• Pie 1

The HC said so pretty clearly when he made that comment about some owners being hands off then said this one is very hands on. If the HC says so why would anyone think otherwise? Not saying he is making all the calls but he wants to make the team in HIS image. Also didn't ole Tep make the suggestion for Ron to go back to the 3-4 that last year? 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Fair to ask but I doubt anyone can provide anything concrete. 

I have some friends that are Knicks and NY Rangers fans. The guy who owns the Knicks owns the Rangers, and I’m sure you’ve see or heard about what an asswipe he is if you’ve watched any NBA the past decade. 

my friends told me that the difference between the Knicks and the Rangers is that the owner does not meddle with the Rangers but is all over the Knicks. The Knicks have been a dogshit NBA team for a long time with terrible management and personnel decisions and while I’m not a puck fan they said the rangers are very respectable because Dolan lets the hockey people do their jobs. 

You must know I am a Knicks fan and a Panther fan. Lucky me. 

Haven't read through this thread yet, but I've always wondered this myself and it frustrates me that people keep bringing it up with ZERO evidence to it so far.

Sure, I'll give you that he pushed to make the trade to #1, and frankly I can't fully fault him for that.

But I haven't seen a single thing that says he forced them to take Bryce instead of Stroud, all people point to is the pictures of them looking happy near Bryce, which is just nonsense to jump from that to "Tepper forced them to draft Bryce"

I think he's FAR less involved in football decisions than the majority on here think, and it's why I have no issue bashing Bryce, the Staff, the other players, etc, and don't say much about Tepper.  

The owners who meddle don't hide it, they openly talk about making decisions, Tepper hasn't done that once.