• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evidence of Tepper meddling in football operations?

TeppersEgos

If I owned the team I would meddle in everything EXCEPT actual football operations. I don't know how a man that isn't from football can buy something and then suggest who the team takes in an NFL draft, that's insanity to me. Then again I'm not a billionaire.

To answer your question, Adam Schefter said before the draft that the football operations wanted CJ Stroud, and the owner wanted Young

Edited by amcoolio

17 minutes ago, TeppersEgos said:

I’m seeing a common sentiment, that Tepper is meddling in football decisions too much. What actual evidence is there of Tepper meddling in football decisions and not letting our staff do their jobs?

Please provide your evidence below, as I’m genuinely curious.

Fair to ask but I doubt anyone can provide anything concrete. 

I have some friends that are Knicks and NY Rangers fans. The guy who owns the Knicks owns the Rangers, and I’m sure you’ve see or heard about what an asswipe he is if you’ve watched any NBA the past decade. 

my friends told me that the difference between the Knicks and the Rangers is that the owner does not meddle with the Rangers but is all over the Knicks. The Knicks have been a dogshit NBA team for a long time with terrible management and personnel decisions and while I’m not a puck fan they said the rangers are very respectable because Dolan lets the hockey people do their jobs. 

23 minutes ago, TeppersEgos said:

I’m seeing a common sentiment, that Tepper is meddling in football decisions too much. What actual evidence is there of Tepper meddling in football decisions and not letting our staff do their jobs?

Please provide your evidence below, as I’m genuinely curious.

Hey remember when Dave fingered his wife's asshole during the Matt Rhule press conference group picture?  In my beautiful eyes he can do no wrong after that 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

Tepper was part of the Steelers org. It is well know Art Rooney II is a silent Jerry Jones. Meddles just as much but keeps it quiet.

That was Tepper’s ownership example.

So far, each former steeler minority owner who has gone on to own another team has been highly involved.

• Pie 1