• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evidence of Tepper meddling in football operations?

TeppersEgos

Oh, and to those who say he talks about how he's involved and so does Reich.....

Being involved doesn't mean forcing decisions.

If I dropped 2 billion on a football team, you're damn right I'm going to be in the room listening to the discussions being had, and sure, I'll drop my views in there as well, but it doesn't mean he's forcing them to make decisions they didn't want to make.

People just have assumptions and want to blame him since things haven't gone well since he bought the team, which is fair, criticize him for wrong coaching and front office hires, but until there is clear evidence that he's meddling in on field decisions, then it should stop.

14 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

You must know I am a Knicks fan and a Panther fan. Lucky me. 

Well is that true what my buddies said about Dolan and the NYK and NYR? 
I only watch playoff Hurricane hockey and I do know the Knicks have been a joke for most of the past two decades and Dolan has enraged most fans and alienated former iconic players like Oak. 

2 hours ago, TeppersEgos said:

I’m seeing a common sentiment, that Tepper is meddling in football decisions too much. What actual evidence is there of Tepper meddling in football decisions and not letting our staff do their jobs?

Please provide your evidence below, as I’m genuinely curious.

Are you serious? He has a round table that ‘makes all the football decisions’. Him and his wife, along with a customer service rep, whom all have absolutely no business or qualifications to make those decisions make up half that table with the GM, HC, and Morgan.

Do you think that the football people are going to push back all that much against Tepper and his wife? Do you notice a trend in the hires? A car salesman, a yes man and an aging pushover all with little to no options? Tepper despises being disagreed with. It’s why a lot of coaches wouldn’t be a fit here, including good ones.

Look at all the decisions being made for this franchise and how awful they’ve been, do you really believe there is someone on that table pushing back and speaking up about how bad these moves are. The answer is a resounding NO.

• Pie 5

35 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Well is that true what my buddies said about Dolan and the NYK and NYR? 
I only watch playoff Hurricane hockey and I do know the Knicks have been a joke for most of the past two decades and Dolan has enraged most fans and alienated former iconic players like Oak. 

Yes. He has been less visible the last couple of years and that has helped. However, over the years he has forced some trades that hurt the team. He also has had Charles Oakley Banned from MSG because he was critical of the Knicks. A lot of players will not play in NY because of him. He has some type of facial recognition installed so he can see if someone he doesn’t like enters MSG. The Knicks are off to an awful start this year. 

2 hours ago, TeppersEgos said:

I’m seeing a common sentiment, that Tepper is meddling in football decisions too much. What actual evidence is there of Tepper meddling in football decisions and not letting our staff do their jobs?

Please provide your evidence below, as I’m genuinely curious.

After strouds workout everyone on camera can be heard saying hes the one. 

• Pie 1

I don’t really mind his meddling. I’m glad he cares enough to meddle. I don’t like his poor decision making. He is always concerned about being “cutting edge” with analytics, data, etc. Like hiring Rhule thinking he was swinging for the fences or putting together this Frankenstein staff that can but together a passing game and trade up and take this cerebral QB. 

Really he just needs to go hire somebody that knows how to win football games. I don’t care if they run the wing-T and 46 defense. Just go hire somebody who can win. It’s that simple. Who cares if they are offensive minded or defensive minded anymore.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh, and to those who say he talks about how he's involved and so does Reich.....

If I dropped 2 billion on a football team, you're damn right I'm going to be in the room listening to the discussions being had, and sure, I'll drop my views in there as well, but it doesn't mean he's forcing them to make decisions they didn't want to make.

People just have assumptions and want to blame him since things haven't gone well since he bought the team, which is fair, criticize him for wrong coaching and front office hires, but until there is clear evidence that he's meddling in on field decisions, then it should stop.

Yeah I mean it was known he wanted Fields, but Rhule drafted Horn. It’s still kind of strange we even know who the owner wants/wanted to draft though…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/reporter-david-tepper-heavily-influenced-175043019.html

Open secret Dave heavily influenced the Bryce Young pick. 

Just because a reporter says that, doesn't mean it's true.

If we had a lame duck coach, I could see Tepper trying to force the issue, but not after he just hired Reich and let him build the "all star staff" that he put together, particularly with all the "QB gurus" that were hired.

If they all came to him and said, look, it can't be Bryce and has to be Stroud for all these reasons and we all fully believe that, he wouldn't have forced them to take Bryce, he's not stupid.

I'm not saying it's not possible that he put his finger on the scale, but this isn't Dallas or the Snyder era Redskins where the owner is also GM or is open about pushing decisions.  It's all speculation by fans that I'm guessing is much further from the truth than it is close to it.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, amcoolio said:

If I owned the team I would meddle in everything EXCEPT actual football operations. I don't know how a man that isn't from football can buy something and then suggest who the team takes in an NFL draft, that's insanity to me. Then again I'm not a billionaire.

To answer your question, Adam Schefter said before the draft that the football operations wanted CJ Stroud, and the owner wanted Young

I am not challenging this at all, but is that in print (ink or digital) somewhere that we can look it up?

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

There are a ton of correlations to his meddling. I get what you are saying but it has been there. 

That QB meddling was real. That Rivera hey Ron, what about a 3-4 this year? Out of the blue.

Coaching change this year? 3-4. 

And also surely we all would meddle too, we all know it. Even those who understand how much we don’t know, would meddle. 

Keep this player, I like him. Check. 

We really need to sign this guy. Check. 

I like Chuba Hubbard. Check. Lol. Turned out okay. Let her GM, she couldn’t be that much worse than her meal ticket, err Husband. Or Fitterer. 

12 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Nicole Tepper having to take and complete an inclusivity course in order to participate in the search for a head coach. No need to do that if she's not involved in the process. Also, she was on the phone making the call to trade the picks used for DJ Johnson. Tepper has said repeatedly and it's pretty well documented his influence is heavily present in the building. Matt Rhule hire. Frank Reich hire. He's involved in making decisions that are beyond his knowledge base to make. Pretty damn easy to see it. 

You can show the doubters pictures, tweets from nfl insiders, info like what you posted and they still will refuse to believe that dave and nicole influenced the pick.