• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canty low-key just battered Bryce on Greeny

top dawg

10 minutes ago, BrianS said:

During the pre-draft process, it was so blatantly obvious that Josh McCown had a flaming man-crush on CJ Stroud.  He liked Bryce, sure, but McCown clearly thought Stroud was the better prospect.  At the OSU Pro Day, McCown was even talking about shooting hoops with Stroud in Charlotte.

SOMETHING changed that - and it certainly wasn't anything Stroud did on the field.  Tepper is a known believer in analytics.  He bought hook, line and sinker into that (*&@$ S2 test.  Nicole looked at Young and saw someone her size.

The Teppers didn't have to influence the decision much.  Just "enough".  I think our staff "liked" Bryce, and the Teppers tipped the scale when otherwise the staff would probably have made a different decision.

There's definitely evidence, circumstantial though it may be, that points in that direction.

There's that, plus the way David Tepper raved about how Young answered questions at their dinner.

• Pie 1

How many times does it have to be said that he doesn’t have an OL or any WR’s other than 19?

Drew Brees in his prime would be getting lit up behind this OL and with these WRs. 

As Herbie said last night on the broadcast.. “you look at this Carolina WR corps… who scares you?”

Nobody.  

IMG_0894.jpeg

Edited by ECUPantherFan
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, BrianS said:

During the pre-draft process, it was so blatantly obvious that Josh McCown had a flaming man-crush on CJ Stroud.  He liked Bryce, sure, but McCown clearly thought Stroud was the better prospect.  At the OSU Pro Day, McCown was even talking about shooting hoops with Stroud in Charlotte.

SOMETHING changed that - and it certainly wasn't anything Stroud did on the field.  Tepper is a known believer in analytics.  He bought hook, line and sinker into that (*&@$ S2 test.  Nicole looked at Young and saw someone her size.

The Teppers didn't have to influence the decision much.  Just "enough".  I think our staff "liked" Bryce, and the Teppers tipped the scale when otherwise the staff would probably have made a different decision.

This failure is not on Bryce, it's on the coaches and scheme. Watch the all-22 breakdowns of our offense that are out there. CJ Stroud would be looking just as bad as Bryce does right now. There is nowhere to go with the ball on any one dropback. Bryce isn't making bad decisions, the plays themselves are just bad. The scheme sucks, the line sucks, the receivers suck, no one is good in this system. 

It's not even worth comparing Bryce to Stroud and getting upset, compare the scheme and personnel that they were surrounded with. That's the thing to get upset about. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If i get drunk or bored enough this afternoon I will rewatch the game and count and timestamp how many times his midget ass was hopping on his tiptoes to see.    And call me crazy but you dont give up that much capital for a qb whos arm is "Sufficient".  

I noticed that as well. He seemed to be hopping on all his throws, especially to the middle of the field. 

If i get drunk or bored enough this afternoon I will rewatch the game and count and timestamp how many times his midget ass was hopping on his tiptoes to see.    And call me crazy but you dont give up that much capital for a qb whos arm is "Sufficient".  

To be clear, I'm not saying Bryce doesn't hop on his toes, but what I am saying is that he's done that all his life, so it's normal to him and hasn't been a hindrance. 

Edited by top dawg

I'd like to see JT from the qb school bring up Bryces shitty footwork and hops at least once. Like seriously call it out, not make a little side light hearted comment about it.  He kills other guys for clicking their heels or whatever

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

But the thing is, I can't say that his size has really mattered. It certainly hasn't led to him being on the IR like many insinuated. He's actually proven to be very tough. 

As for his arm, I still don't believe it's not sufficient. There have been guys with worse arms playing in this league and having good careers. If he's still doing the same things in a couple of seasons, then we can talk.

His arm is fine. Deep pass last night was great. His pocket presence and overall sense is atrocious. He stands flat footed. His progressions are non-existent. Couple the routes are vanilla, bad protection and he doesn't do much with his legs. Mccown was a terrible qb. We need someone to work on bryce, and someone else to call plays and someone else to not kick a 59 yard fg

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get what he's saying, but I still find it extremely hard to judge Young when he's constantly under pressure and doesn't have the people around him to run the attack we're trying to run.

Well, that’s because you have common sense and realize it’s difficult to play QB with crap for OL and WRs. 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

His arm is fine. Deep pass last night was great. His pocket presence and overall sense is atrocious. He stands flat footed. His progressions are non-existent. Couple the routes are vanilla, bad protection and he doesn't do much with his legs. Mccown was a terrible qb. We need someone to work on bryce, and someone else to call plays and someone else to not kick a 59 yard fg

I think that he has overall good pocket presence, but he is being "Carred."  Standing calmly in the pocket is not necessarily a bad thing. It's really preferable, but having to run for his life just makes it seem like his pocket awareness is bad because his play obviously becomes more frenetic.

That’s nice but our all star coaching staff and front office still had “conviction” for Bryce. Their inability to develop Bryce may not be a direct indictment on them but their decision to draft him certainly is.They collectively set the franchise back years. I’d honestly fire everyone and give the job to McCown. 

All this just continues to prove that these “experts” with decades of experience don’t necessarily know how to evaluate the qb position. What a blunder. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

If I hadn't seen other QBs hop through their careers, I would say what you're saying is true, but hopping does not necessarily equate to sloppy footwork.

Not trying to go back and forth with you here but hopping in the pocket like jumping up and down like he does is absolutely sloppy footwork.  Its the damn epitome of sloppy footwork and its clearly showing in his play.  kid had what 30 yards at half last week vs a horseshit defense and under 200 last night vs one of the worst defenses in the nfl.  

I have some time at 330 and I will try and fast forward through the game to document when he does it and the ending result after he does