• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think the 2001 team and 2010 team would beat this team?

2001 was in several games and found ways to lose at the end. 

2010 was the closest to this team in terms of offensive ineptitude.

Both teams however had foundational pieces. 01 actually had a ton of guys who were in the Super Bowl two years later. 10 still had smith and Stewart. 

I think we lose to 2001 by 7-10 points. The game with 2010 we might win half the time if we played them 10 times. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

2001 was in several games and found ways to lose at the end. 

2010 was the closest to this team in terms of offensive ineptitude.

Both teams however had foundational pieces. 01 actually had a ton of guys who were in the Super Bowl two years later. 10 still had smith and Stewart. 

I think we lose to 2001 by 7-10 points. The game with 2010 we might win half the time if we played them 10 times. 

The 2001 team was scrappy, but couldn't seal the deal at the end of games.  They didn't look like a one win team until the last couple of games when they clearly packed it in.  That '01 squad really could have been a 5 win team if they win several of the one score games that ended up as losses.  It wasn't a horrible roster, but Seifert's decision to discard Steve Beuerlein in favor of a new QB was the deal breaker.  If Steve was still the QB, I'm not saying playoffs, but at least a .500 team.

The common thread in all three seasons, rookie QBs who look bad, REALLY bad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Don’t forget Moore threw 3 picks against NYG in the season opener.  He was not having an All-Pro season 

I always had a feeling that Moore regressed because he didn’t feel secure with the team drafting Clausen high in the draft. 

Could be wrong, but he looked like he was pressing instead of playing free the year before. 

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I always had a feeling that Moore regressed because he didn’t feel secure with the team drafting Clausen high in the draft. 

Could be wrong, but he looked like he was pressing instead of playing free the year before. 

He also had an offseason of teams able to review what he did at the end of 2009, and he simply wasn't able to adjust. All three of his picks in Week 1 were awful, awful throws -- IIRC, all of them in field goal range too. Moore wasn't a terrible QB, but he just didn't have it then. And then in Week 2, we only scored 7 points. That's with two healthy All-Pro RBs, Steve Smith, etc.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Beer 2