• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shouldn't They Try Some new WRs? 🤔

Hoenheim

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I want us to either trade for Aiyuk or sign Hollywood Brown this offseason. If we can sign Hollywood we should also draft a weapon early. Hollywood, AT, Tez (or another rookie), plus 2nd year Mingo is s solid group for Young to work with. Mingo can become our slot when AT is done. 

Mingo I don’t think fits a slot role. 

23 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing Mingo Chark and TMJ underperform. Why not give ISM and some other some chances? They're 1-8 what would they have to lose? Do they just not care?

Is there just no point given Bryce /o line can't do well enough to get the ball to them? 

This team would have Steve Smith still returning punts so Isaac Byrd could get more reps. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I want us to either trade for Aiyuk or sign Hollywood Brown this offseason. If we can sign Hollywood we should also draft a weapon early. Hollywood, AT, Tez (or another rookie), plus 2nd year Mingo is s solid group for Young to work with. Mingo can become our slot when AT is done. 

I doubt Aiyuk is going to be on the trade block. He’s one of the best pure receivers in the league and has emerged this year in SF as their 1. Would love it though, one of my fave players in the league.

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I doubt Aiyuk is going to be on the trade block. He’s one of the best pure receivers in the league and has emerged this year in SF as their 1. Would love it though, one of my fave players in the league.

I agree but some people think they might ship him for picks due to salary cap issues. IMO they would be better off trading Deebo now that they have CMC, but who knows. 

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/espn-predicts-brandon-aiyuk-trade/1668555/?amp=1

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, lightsout said:

Strachan had a big 45 yard gain and one other target and I don't think he saw the field after that much.

He had 13 offensive snaps for the game, which I suppose is not bad for a guy fresh off the practice squad.  He is a track star, so he definitely has speed, I hope they can find some use for him.  

Fwiw, the pass to him definitely showed that Bryce can throw a nice deep ball when he has time and an open receiver.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I agree but some people think they might ship him for picks due to salary cap issues. IMO they would be better off trading Deebo now that they have CMC, but who knows. 

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/espn-predicts-brandon-aiyuk-trade/1668555/?amp=1

Interesting, agree they'd be better off dishing Deebo.  Aiyuk would be a big one.  He's one of the best route runners and separators in the game.  There would be no more excuses.  

TMJ as well as our offensive line looked prime to break out and be the least of our worries. Now with this revolutionary offense created specifically for Bryce, everybody looks like they have never played football. I mean seriously, McAdoo had us looking like we had a decent offense that needed a few pieces. Now it is complete trash. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

TMJ as well as our offensive line looked prime to break out and be the least of our worries. Now with this revolutionary offense created specifically for Bryce, everybody looks like they have never played football. I mean seriously, McAdoo had us looking like we had a decent offense that needed a few pieces. Now it is complete trash. 

TMJ was never close to a breakout. He’s sucked the entire time he’s been here.