• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Hypothetical Question

methodtoll

22 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I've said this in a few other threads but apparently Kellen Moore really impressed them so much that they didn't let him leave Charlotte for a second interview... Would not surprise me at all if Tepper went that route.

I can see the Chargers firing Staley and retaining Moore to be HC if Herbert continues to play well under him, kind of like what the Bucs did when they fired lovie and retained Dirk Koetter

Ben Johnson did one interview with us and noped straight out and said I'd rather just be the OC in Detroit than deal with this. We're an even bigger poo show now than we were then. So why would he have a change of heart? Tepper has plenty of faults but not being willing to pony up and pay coaches isn't one of them, so I don't think it'll simply be a throw more money at him thing. Hell probably end up somewhere like the Chargers.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ben Johnson did one interview with us and noped straight out and said I'd rather just be the OC in Detroit than deal with this. We're an even bigger poo show now than we were then. So why would he have a change of heart? Tepper has plenty of faults but not being willing to pony up and pay coaches isn't one of them, so I don't think it'll simply be a throw more money at him thing. Hell probably end up somewhere like the Chargers.

They all declined after finding out how involved he wanted to be. Don’t blame them.

We’ll have to find a coach that is ok being micromanaged by Tepper AND is ok with Bryce at QB. Tepper is not going to give up on Bryce for at least another year.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

They all declined after finding out how involved he wanted to be. Don’t blame them.

We’ll have to find a coach that is ok being micromanaged by Tepper AND is ok with Bryce at QB. Tepper is not going to give up on Bryce for at least another year.

College coaches who don't know any better or aging retreads looking for a retirement paycheck are essentially what we're left with.