• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if, and hear me out here, Bryce Young is not actually some cerebral genius QB

electro's horse

10 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I would forever hate Bryce and Tepper if I was the S2 owner.

They completely destroyed that meme test.

I was a fool for hoping that BY would turn this poo around. I don't care if Tepper builds a time machine and gets 2007 Brady to play for the Panthers. I am done expecting good things to come from this organization.

To be fair the owner of that test got ahead of all this and said Stroud's results were not low when that whole media storm was happening.

Bryce did carry Alabama his last year, but the concern many of us had with Bryce was if the way he played in College would translate or not, e.g. holding the ball forever and then make something happen. It hasn’t so far, but hopefully it will eventually, but I have serious doubts. The same way I have some doubts about Caleb Williams (even though he is obviously physically superior to Bryce).Spectacular plays are fun to watch, but if you can’t do “regular plays” on an ongoing basis, spectacular ones doesn’t matter, and you won’t make it in the NFL. And that’s why Mays is the easy #1 QB in the draft next year. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Bryce did carry Alabama his last year, but the concern many of us had with Bryce was if the way he played in College would translate or not, e.g. holding the ball forever and then make something happen. It hasn’t so far, but hopefully it will eventually, but I have serious doubts. The same way I have some doubts about Caleb Williams (even though he is obviously physically superior to Bryce).Spectacular plays are fun to watch, but if you can’t do “regular plays” on an ongoing basis, spectacular ones doesn’t matter, and you won’t make it in the NFL. And that’s why Mays is the easy #1 QB in the draft next year. 

Johnny Football carried Texas A&M as well.  Didn't necessarily translate to the pros though.  Off field troubles aside.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Here me out.......................1-8 with Young on a lousy team.

What would the record be with Stroud on this same lousy team?

1-8????

or maybe a few more wins?

There is your story. 

Yea maybe, but we would see why he was picked #1 and would not be jealous of Houston picking Bryce cause he would look the same there as here

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Martin said:

See, this is important right here.

Average QB's make the routine plays.  Good QB's make the routine plays look easy.  Great QB's make the routine plays look easy and then they stack spectacular plays on top of it.

Everyone can decide for themselves which of those best describes BY this year.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

They got lucky as hell with Stroud knowing they would have taken Young if they had the first pick. Absolutely lucked into something spectacular and then lucked into Tank Dell again as well later. Im jealous as can be of the Texans this year.

Looking back now I think the Texans were bluffing on Young. Doing that made Carolina want him that much more. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Two quick things, Alabama was not stacked his last year. The only thing keeping them from being Alabama mediocre was Bryce. I watched Bryce be amazing several times when they had to have it.

two. Bryce may be mediocre, but it is impossible to tell because we have so many different issues.

Lol.  Bama had 10 players drafted last year and probably the same next draft.  

• Pie 1