• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maybe Steve Smith actually did draft Mingo

Frank9999

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smitty generally has pretty good takes on WR prospects. Everyone gets it wrong on occasion. But he really has just seemed like a Panthers mouthpiece since Tepper took over. Those are probably some really nice under the table PR checks he's cashing.

He has said he doesn’t get paid by Carolina. Whether it’s true or not is just guessing. You have to think he was all about Young and Mingo so naturally he is going to be pretty defensive about their play. 

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He has said he doesn’t get paid by Carolina. Whether it’s true or not is just guessing. You have to think he was all about Young and Mingo so naturally he is going to be pretty defensive about their play. 

He acts like a guy getting paid by Carolina.

It always felt to me like he got caught up in Bryce getting constantly criticized for his size and he took that personally.

When I watched Bryce on college I saw a great college QB with very marginal NFL physical talent. I really didn't want him but ultimately let the weight of everyone else's opinions make me okay with him assuming that I'm probably wrong if all these other people don't have concerns about what looks very obvious to me

I still thought the pick should've come down to Richardson vs. Stroud.

• Pie 7

6 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Hey guys he is a rookie...give him time. He gonna make mistakes, others are getting time right? And Mingo wasn't even labeled pro ready.

My problem with Mingo was he didn’t produce in college either even in a Kiffin offense. Ole Miss had a string of 1k yard receivers and top talent and Mingo was supposed to be that next guy up and he just couldn’t produce. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

My problem with Mingo was he didn’t produce in college either even in a Kiffin offense. Ole Miss had a string of 1k yard receivers and top talent and Mingo was supposed to be that next guy up and he just couldn’t produce. 

Seems like this front office is putting more emphasis on RAS scores and interviewing then simply watching how they play on the field

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smitty generally has pretty good takes on WR prospects. Everyone gets it wrong on occasion. But he really has just seemed like a Panthers mouthpiece since Tepper took over. Those are probably some really nice under the table PR checks he's cashing.

Disagree.  Ever since he told me Ryne Robinson was the next Steve Smith I've been weary of his talent evaluation 

• Beer 1