• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t know why they haven’t moved him (Ickey) to guard yet”

ncfan

Or stop ruining his value, trade him for a first and draft a good OG in the 3rd...

He can play LT in other schemes. I hope he asks to be traded if they try this. Spending a 6th pick on the Guard to prop up this offense is more mistakes on top of the last ones. Just run a mauler O the rest of the year, build up values and sell the lineman that can't do zone blocking well. Or piss away more value leaving a gapping hole at LT and not LG the rest of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Or stop ruining his value, trade him for a first and draft a good OG in the 3rd...

He can play LT in other schemes. I hope he asks to be traded if they try this. Spending a 6th pick on the Guard to prop up this offense is more mistakes on top of the last ones. Just run a mauler O the rest of the year, build up values and sell the lineman that can't do zone blocking well. Or piss away more value leaving a gapping hole at LT and not LG the rest of the year. 

Can he though?

I know he run blocked better in a power run scheme.  But even in Wilks power run scheme.  They always had a TE over helping him in pass pro.

Also.  I’m not sure how much a scheme change effect him jumping or holding people.  He’s currently 3rd in the entire NFL regardless of position in Penalties this season.

• Pie 2

How about we change the whole coaching staff, and every player won’t regress. Bad scheme that doesn’t work in todays NFL. And our roster doesn’t support it anyway. Make a change. Start the search for MLS coach and NFL coach in the same year. Starting to see a common denominator. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Didn't he just have back to back solid weeks?  He has definitely struggled in this new scheme, but he looked decent these past couple games.  Lets get a good LG beside him and see if he looks better first.  That BC injury killed us.  Worst case scenario is what @LinvilleGorge suggested and we switch BC and Icky next year.  We really need a good center though.  Bozeman looks awful in our scheme.  Also depth (obviously) has to be addressed.

• Pie 1