• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How, as a veteran on this team, do you keep going out there knowing Bryce gives you almost NO chance to win?

Proudiddy

That pick six pretty much seals it.  That makes at least 4 games this season that Bryce has singlehandedly lost off of pivotal turnovers.  He forced a weak ass throw to a drag route to Mingo that was well covered and never even looked at a wide open Tremble over the the middle.  These are the kind of plays that you expect a mid to late round rookie with any type of awareness to recognize and execute, let alone someone touted as a super processor worthy of the #1 pick.  He then follows that play up with a fumble on a fake pitch where he just dropped the ball, which I have never seen from a grown man in my life.  He is bad.  And this isn't a personal attack on him - I actually am starting to feel bad for him because it's embarrassing. 

Is the coaching a problem?  Sure.  Is the scheme not great?  Sure.  But, sometimes, all of the other facets look worse and suffer when you're trying to protect and mask just how bad the guy pulling the trigger actually is.  So many of our problems in scheme are related to the offense trying to tailor to the throws Bryce is comfortable making and avoid attempting the ones he isn't.  

At this point, it's beating a dead horse, but regardless of who is responsible, the only way forward is to acknowledge we selected the biggest bust in draft history and we need to rectify it.  I've just seen enough now at this point to know that yes, there are a lot of problems, but the majority of those problems hinge on Bryce.  And when a guy is special, you see plays that would flash and translate regardless of scheme or coaching, and sadly, the majority of Bryce's flash plays are bad ones that cost us the game...  that typically is indicative of a player just not being good.

After seeing today, despite the penalties, I honestly want to see what the team looks like for a few weeks with Dalton at the helm.  If the offense looks just as bad, then can Reich.  And to be clear, I was ready to fire Reich weeks ago...  but I'm convinced much of the issue now is Bryce and the staff trying to accommodate him.  Give Dalton a few games and if we still look like poo, promote Evero and clean house.  But at this point, I just don't know how you can keep trotting your vets out there and feel they can give 100% when they know this kid you sold the farm for is throwing games away because he just isn't very good at all and is committing mistakes that no QB should be making...  It's so discouraging.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That pick six pretty much seals it.  That makes at least 4 games this season that Bryce has singlehandedly lost off of pivotal turnovers.  He forced a weak ass throw to a drag route to Mingo that was well covered and never even looked at a wide open Tremble over the the middle.  These are the kind of plays that you expect a mid to late round rookie with any type of awareness to recognize and execute, let alone someone touted as a super processor worthy of the #1 pick.  He then follows that play up with a fumble on a fake pitch where he just dropped the ball, which I have never seen from a grown man in my life.  He is bad.  And this isn't a personal attack on him - I actually am starting to feel bad for him because it's embarrassing. 

Is the coaching a problem?  Sure.  Is the scheme not great?  Sure.  But, sometimes, all of the other facets look worse and suffer when you're trying to protect and mask just how bad the guy pulling the trigger actually is.  So many of our problems in scheme are related to the offense trying to tailor to the throws Bryce is comfortable making and avoid attempting the ones he isn't.  

At this point, it's beating a dead horse, but regardless of who is responsible, the only way forward is to acknowledge we selected the biggest bust in draft history and we need to rectify it.  I've just seen enough now at this point to know that yes, there are a lot of problems, but the majority of those problems hinge on Bryce.  And when a guy is special, you see plays that would flash and translate regardless of scheme or coaching, and sadly, the majority of Bryce's flash plays are bad ones that cost us the game...  that typically is indicative of a player just not being good.

After seeing today, despite the penalties, I honestly want to see what the team looks like for a few weeks with Dalton at the helm.  If the offense looks just as bad, then can Reich.  And to be clear, I was ready to fire Reich weeks ago...  but I'm convinced much of the issue now is Bryce and the staff trying to accommodate him.  Give Dalton a few games and if we still look like poo, promote Evero and clean house.  But at this point, I just don't know how you can keep trotting your vets out there and feel they can give 100% when they know this kid you sold the farm for is throwing games away because he just isn't very good at all and is committing mistakes that no QB should be making...  It's so discouraging.

People are going to poo this but it's the truth.

• Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's regressed and probably ain't it, but his offensive line and WRs deserve a good bit of the blame as well. Most of the veterans you're speaking of false-start and get beat every snap, so there's only a handful with a real case.

Respect.

I was referring more to guys capable of producing...  like Sanders, Hubbard, Hurst, Chark, Viska, ISM, etc.  The OL has been pure poo this year and shouldn't get much say in the matter other than mentioning that they're being forced to play in a style they're not comfortable with.  

I was thinking more like the OL has a chance every snap to do their job and make a difference, but when you are a playmaker that relies on the QB to get you the ball and you're essentially just running around out there taking a beating and not even being given a real chance to do anything and the game gets thrown away without you even being invovled - that has to be an empty ass feeling.

And people can say what they want, but unless injuries really just made Chark ass in one offseason, there is no excuse for him to be this invisible.  And Hurst isn't an all-pro, but he's a solid TE, and he also may as well not even be on the roster.  And as has been discussed here ad nauseum, Laviska is probably the best bang-for-your buck playmaker on the roster who is a danger to break off a TD on any given touch and we can only manufacture 1 touch for him all game?  So you have guys that have proven themselves capable just out there, not involved, when they were sold a bill of goods that they were essentially the revamped playmaker group that was going to help our #1 pick hit the ground running and win rookie of the year.  We'll, they're not getting touches and the #1 pick is losing games with his decisions.  It's just deflating.

I'm off the Bryce can be an elite QB train, or even worth what we paid, but I still believe he can be significantly better than what's he's shown. Too many people I respect talk about how evaluating Bryce under these conditions isn't fair and what we've surrounded him with, isn't fair. Some of those guys you can dismiss as favoring Bryce for whatever reason (Olsen for example), but some have no vested interest to favor him, and still have said the same thing; that a true evaluation is impossible.