• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

He's not the answer short or long term. Sometimes you have to man up and admit we picked the wrong QB. I can't hate on the kid he didn't ask to get picked #1 overall. This was just a bad selection by Tepper. He ignored the size and lack of arm strength. It is what it is.

I still think we need to trade for Justin Fields this offseason. I still believe that kid has the talent to turn it around. Saying that we have to bring in a lot more talent regardless of who is the QB.

• Pie 1

Totally disagree

He showed numerous examples of exactly why he doesn't have the physical attributes needed to succeed in this league at QB.

He's just not big, fast, or strong enough to compete at a high level in the NFL.  On multiple occasions today did he have throws that the majority of backups could throw with more velocity on it, and it costs us completions and in some cases, they create turnovers.

His game is making plays on the move, but unless he has a picture perfect set base for his throw, he can't put anything behind it, so the only throws he can make are touch throws that need arc on them, he can't throw into tight spaces on a line.

It was a botched pick after a terrible trade, there's no way around it at this point, I'd honestly trade him for a 2nd round pick this offseason if someone was stupid enough to give us that, because it's more than we'll get after he's terrible next season as well.

• Pie 7

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not the answer short or long term. Sometimes you have to man up and admit we picked the wrong QB. I can't hate on the kid he didn't ask to get picked #1 overall. This was just a bad selection by Tepper. He ignored the size and lack of arm strength. It is what it is.

I still think we need to trade for Justin Fields this offseason. I still believe that kid has the talent to turn it around. Saying that we have to bring in a lot more talent regardless of who is the QB.

I mean he did ask to be picked #1 overall.

He hoodwinked our morons by refusing to work out at the Combine, but showing up with 10lbs+ of water weight for the scales. He was gaming the system and found a sucker.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

I said here weeks ago that the only reason dalton isn’t already playing is because we took Bryce at #1 and traded our future for him. If this were any other situation he’d be on the bench by now and fighting for a roster spot in camp next year.

Making off schedule plays works in college when you have 4-5 seconds to stand in the pocket and you can out run the linemen if you have to scramble. In the NFL the 300 pound guys are usually faster than the QBs and your time to make a decision is cut in half. There aren’t many plays to be made but the ones that are there aren’t being made either. We need to start completely over and let the new coach and GM decide what to do at every position, including QB.

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

They absolutely have to draft a QB in the second round if one falls

Yeah there’s the argument of build the team first but they can’t draft anyways so might as well keep swinging for QB’s. It’s also worth a shot due to what looks like a very weak QB class in 2025. 

Well if the new coach (hopefully) uses a power run game and uses a QB more under center we are in decent shape with the oline. Then you can get a QB in the second if the right one falls. Spend money on a FA WR and you are not bad tbh.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Well if the new coach (hopefully) uses a power run game and uses a QB more under center we are in decent shape with the oline. Then you can get a QB in the second if the right one falls. Spend money on a FA WR and you are not bad tbh.

Yeah if that’s the plan then they absolutely cannot move forward with Bryce

However, there’s no way any of that happens. Tepper is hellbent on recreating the Alabama offense 

Next year is going to be even worse than this year

Bryce is no doubt the worst of the 4 QBs and we moved to #1 to take him. Forget CJ who is killing it every Sunday, AR in his short debut showed Cam flashes and Levitz has been slinging it to. Bryce looks like a Disney movie where a kid gets to be an NFL QB only it’s a fuging nightmare. 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

In 2010, we went 2-14 and were awful.  The current level of awful.  We drafted a QB at #1.

We went 6-10 in 2011.  We were still a work in progress.  But it was obvious we had THE GUY.

Don't tell me we can't expect the same thing from Bryce Young.  Yes we can.  They were each picked at the top of the draft.  I want BY to show me he's THE GUY.  I don't care if we win.  I don't care if there are mistakes.  I just want to see WOW!

• Pie 2