• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank throws Tepper under the bus

*FreeFua*

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

sure they will.  only 32 of the these gigs on planet Earth. 

Tepper isn't the first or last problematic owner.   League has always had plenty of Teppers. 

I said worth their salt, of course you’ll have garbage candidates 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, NAS said:

I said worth their salt, of course you’ll have garbage candidates 

well, I don't buy that.  Tepper hasn't actually been that radical.  He came in and gave Ron a fair enough shot.  He gave Rhule way more time than he deserved.   He is willing to spend money on staff and whatever else. 

Tepper has just been horrific in his choice for GM and HC.   Frank probably will get way more time than he deserves.  Tepper just needs to make good hires.  They will exist. 

• Pie 1

I don’t see him throwing Tepper under the bus. Frank came in and implemented the only offense he’s ever used and it doesn’t fit our roster and it also stinks. After 6 weeks of this poo show it sounds like Tepper suggested doing something to help Bryce out, but they haven’t. Now Tepper has made a bunch of bad hires, but the scheme vs. personal issues are all Frank imo.

• Beer 1

Frank is saying he knows what the oline is good at and he understands what he is forcing them to do and poorly.

The only issue is that was his MO before getting hired here. Still sounds like it really is Tepper forcing it all but that dummy signed up for this. Job interviews go both ways dude

55 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don’t see him throwing Tepper under the bus. Frank came in and implemented the only offense he’s ever used and it doesn’t fit our roster and it also stinks. After 6 weeks of this poo show it sounds like Tepper suggested doing something to help Bryce out, but they haven’t. Now Tepper has made a bunch of bad hires, but the scheme vs. personal issues are all Frank imo.

Would make total sense if Dalton didn't air it out for 300 yards. Young can barely crack 200 and he's had 10 games. There is obvious signs of external forces making Frank run an offense he knows won't work with this unit. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Would make total sense if Dalton didn't air it out for 300 yards. Young can barely crack 200 and he's had 10 games. There is obvious signs of external forces making Frank run an offense he knows won't work with this unit. 

Dalton has been playing in the NFL for 100 years and it took the most pass attemtpts in his career for us to reach that pedestrian pass mark….while he was under comical pressure. 

external force? Frank is running what Frank runs.   And Frank has run it poorly and it not worked in every place he has ever been.  It’s how he gets fired. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dalton has been playing in the NFL for 100 years and it took the most pass attemtpts in his career for us to reach that pedestrian pass mark….while he was under comical pressure. 

external force? Frank is running what Frank runs.   And Frank has run it poorly and it not worked in every place he has ever been.  It’s how he gets fired. 

Both things can be, and are, true - Bryce is much worse than Dalton at this point and the offensive scheme is atrocious.

• Pie 1

Look at Frank in that presser. He has the ‘I really f’in hate this ish’ look on his face. It’s the EXACT same face we saw in Rhule after a while. 

We talk all the time about molding an offense to fit your players. Tepper is changing 10 players to fit 1. It’s insanity, until you dig deeper. One would think you mold Bryce to fit what’s already in place… NOPE. 

It’s not about winning. It’s winning the Tepper way so he can be seen as having built it and thereby take all the credit and accolades. 

He has to win playing Tepper ball with his guy. Bryce. Dalton playing well is a threat to that. You know, with Bryce being NFL ready and all, why does Dalton look so much better?  He sees it as Dalton making his guy look bad and in turn, making him look bad.

I GUARANTEE you, the first 3 game winning streak we get (yeah, right) Tepper will assemble a press conference to tell the whole world that he is the one that pushed for Bryce. 

Wilks could have gone undefeated and It wouldn’t have made a difference at all. He was a holdover from Jerry’s team and people need to know there’s a new sheriff in town now. 

I can only imagine the glee he felt inside when Jerry’s statue came down. 

A narcissist is never wrong about anything, ever. It’s in the programming. It’s seriously just the way they are wired. They truly believe that every time they fail at something, it was due to an outside factor, so they keep trying to find and fix what they believe caused it to not go the way they intended, because it’s never some sort of internal flaw. That’s just not possible.

That’s where Tepper is now. He sees that after 5 years of his ownership and meddling, we’re a laughing stock, and the worst Panther team ever assembled. He’s honestly not sure how the hell this all happened with him at the controls.

My grave concern is that it gets worse, as much as I hope I’m wrong. 

• Flames 5