• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

While nothing is guaranteed, it looks as if Fitterer and Reich might be on their way out of Carolina. That said, it is never too early to start thinking about who could potentially take over for both positions. You'll have to forgive me in advance because I am not good at write-ups so my reasonings may sound a little generic. So here are some names that we could target:

GM

Kevin Colbert (Former Steelers GM): If Tepper truly wants someone who he is familiar with, Colbert is the guy and has TONS of experience on creating a winning culture. 

Adam Peters (Assist. GM 49ers): Most of the credit tends to go to John Lynch for the development of this current roster for the 49ers but Peters has quietly been a vital part of the process and is a rising star among the potential GM candidate list for multiple teams

Mike Borgonzi (assist GM Chiefs): Like Peters, rising star in the ranks and coming from a Superbowl winning team. Borgonzi could be a guy that can bring that winning culture with him.

Adrian Wilson (VP of PP Panthers): Now I know that "in house" candidates may not be ideal but Wilson is a guy that could be good and may bring some good ideas.

HC

Ben Johnson (Lions OC): Probably as ideal as you want to get for HC. He is young, innovative, and seems like a no-nonsense type of guy... He is exactly who Carolina needs as HC.

Brian Johnson (Eagles OC): His name was a hot name for OC this past off-season but now his name will be a hot name for HC. The Eagles are playing hot on offense and has really helped with the development of Jalen Hurts... Which could be beneficial to Bryce Young. He is young and raw as a coordinator so not sure if he is ready for the HC position yet though.

Kellen Moore (Chargers OC): I said this in multiple threads but this is a guy that the Panthers were supposedly high on besides Johnson and Reich. He came in for an interview and didn't leave Charlotte because they wanted him for a second interview. He has really done a great job getting the best out of Herbert this year and may even take over for HC if Staley is let go in LA

Bobby Slowick (Texans OC): You want to talk about a guy that has developed QBs, Slowick is that guy. He was part of the reason why Brock Purdy played well last year and now is playing a part in the fast development of CJ Stroud's tremendous rookie campaign...Again, someone who might be able to get more out of Bryce Young. Much like Brian Johnson though, he is raw as a coordinator though and think he needs another year to prove it thoug

Ejiro Evero (Panthers DC): Kind of similar situation to Adrian Wilso but I know "in house" candidates isn't the most ideal for this team but I do think Evero would be an exception. I am not a big fan of a defensive guy taking over but I really do like Evero and maybe he can pull out a "Wilks" like situation if named interim and actually win the job.

Jim Harbaugh (Michigan HC): I personally do not want the headaches but some on here feel that he should be included in this list so here it is. It seems like wherever he goes, success does occur so it is no surprise fans want him.  I personally think he will wind up as the Bears HC though

I know there are more names and admittingly, I am not familiar with the GM choices outside of those select few so feel free to add to the list. I did not include Wilks because I think that ship has sailed and as eluded to in another thread, this is an offensive driven league and every team that will be searching for a HC will probably want that young, hungry offensive minded coach, and I know this past offseaon we did not shy away from that. So please feel free to include thoughts!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

meet your new GM

Jon FERRARI, he'll have this franchise humming 

Jon Ferrari, who enters his 17th year working in the NFL and eighth as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles, was elevated by the team to assistant general manager during the 2022 offseason.

Previously, Ferrari served as the Eagles' vice president of football operations and compliance for more than three years (2019-22). He additionally earned titles as the organization's director of football operations (2018-19) and director of football compliance (2017-18) after originally being hired by Philadelphia as the manager of football compliance in 2016.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Ferrari spent time at the league office from 2007-16. He supported the NFL Management Council and spent the final six years as the manager of labor operations. Ferrari also oversaw the administration of the Bill Walsh NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship program.

Ferrari completed his undergraduate education at Franklin & Marshall College in 2000. He and his wife, Leslie, have a son, Will.

kiwqc9aa5kwitlaqrayn.png

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Dipper has to realize he fugged up... again. Fitt aint it and Reich aint it...Hes supposedly a smart guy and can't continue to think he can fast track everything and be successful. He needs to eat sht and get the right guys in here after serious due diligence .... Colbert seems like a logical consigliere... but hell... he might not even know who dipper is and hes 67 yrs old...who wants to get involved in this cauldron of piss and sht.... I'll applaud dipper if he pulls the plug on these two at the end of the season but i'm not really hopeful at this point.  Hes a stoonad of the first magnitude... He has to get the right guys and commit to rebuilding in a 3 year process...its imperative he gets this right... 

Edited by Johnstonny

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Sorry to be a killjoy but its likely that the official GM/HC list consists of Scott Fitterer and Frank Reich.

Happy Thanksgiving??

I don't know.. I could see Fitterer staying just based on recent reports of Tepper liking Fitterer but all indications are that, if anything, Reich is gone. I think it is just a matter of when instead of if it is happening.