• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I think people want Fitt gone too. This makes it look like Reich/staff is just the scapegoat.

I think people just want something to bitch about. 

All you hear today is “the dysfunction of the Panthers” due to the third head coach firing since Tepper bought the team.

Should Rivers’s firing be counted towards the dysfunction when everyone wanted Rivera fired even before he was?

Should the Rhule hiring be counted towards the dysfunction when he was one of the hot names on the coaching carousel that year? Should Rhule’s firing count when everyone wanted him fired the off-season before he was fired?

Does Reich’s firing now mean dysfunction when, again, people have been clamoring for it for weeks?

What’s the point of keeping Reich around if a firing is inevitable? Why not rip off the band-aid and start the recovery process?

This fan base, and especially this board, just want something to bitch about. The great thing for them is they get to bitch with hindsight. 

Edited by Bama Panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not going to hold any ill will toward Reich. Just didn't work out. What is most demoralizing is that I'm not sure there's any way out of this downward spiral in the near term because the root problem may be at the very top. 

Edited by outlaw4
  • Pie 1

Rewatched a blip from the 1st round draft presser I caught something that should have been more obvious at the time.

Joe Person asked how Frank dealt with needing more convincing of Bryce because of his size preferences...Frank answered that "It wasn't that I needed convincing" and that it was about how he was "committed to the process"..but what he referenced, wasn't himself turning in favor on Bryce, rather, that the entire scouting department had a moment in the room where Scott asked them and they were all unanimous with Bryce. "And Bryce was their guy, and that was great for me to hear" He goes on to say general superlatives and that Scott told him to just take their time.  Eventually he said they watched tape and Bryce was "the best player", but man, reading between the lines, you can tell.  The coaches had to be convinced.  The scouting room didn't.    

• Pie 1