• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

13 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

From what I have heard I don’t think that’s going to be the case this year. I think he knows he was sold dreams by Rhule and Frank. I wouldn’t be surprised is Fitterer is gone before EOS as well. 

I expect him to put real football people around him this time. He is tired of losing. 

At the end of the day, no one likes losing.  He's going to try the next thing out.  The blind Tepper hate misses that baseline fact.  

So far:

-He retained the successful, but up & down coach in Ron for an extra year

-Hired a trendy college coach in Rhule and gave him 2 1/2

-Hired an NFL lifer and got him to assemble an "all-star staff"

Different strategies each time.  You got to think he's ready to just find someone to really help get this right.  He needs the right people listening to candidates and helping create an informed decision for growing something from the ground up.  Top down.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

At the end of the day, no one likes losing.  He's going to try the next thing out.  The blind Tepper hate misses that baseline fact.  

So far:

-He retained the successful, but up & down coach in Ron for an extra year

-Hired a trendy college coach in Rhule and gave him 2 1/2

-Hired an NFL lifer and got him to assemble an "all-star staff"

Different strategies each time.  You got to think he's ready to just find someone to really help get this right.  He needs the right people listening to candidates and helping create an informed decision for growing something from the ground up.  Top down.

Don't care. Hate both Tepper and Mr Tepper. They need to never make another football decision ever again.

22 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

From what I have heard I don’t think that’s going to be the case this year. I think he knows he was sold dreams by Rhule and Frank. I wouldn’t be surprised is Fitterer is gone before EOS as well. 

I expect him to put real football people around him this time. He is tired of losing. 

That's probably about his only chance of getting decent candidates.

That said, I seriously question whether Tepper knows how to identify "real football people".

I mean i get it. The offense isn’t just bad, it’s rotten. It’s broken. There is something fundamentally broken with it. The entirety of the offense has gotten worse. Theilen makes sense why his production has dipped, but even setting aside Young and Ekwonu, players in this league who have been solid if unremarkable have genuinely regressed over the season. There’s no excuse for Hayden Hurst being invisible. Even if he’s a JAG, he’s a JAG who has been broadly productive as a pass catcher and is playing with a rookie QB. Chark? Sanders? 

still… i thought Reich was going to finish the season because tepper needed to abate the impulsive hot head stigma, and I also question why fitterer is still here.

Edited by Growl

According to NFL.com ....

• We are tied for LAST in the league with 3 total rushing TD's
  • We are the 4th worst in rush yards
  • 8th worst in Passing TD's
  • 7th worst in pass yards
  • Only the Jets have scored fewer Offensive TD's than us.

Last year:

• Our offense scored 35 total TD's, currently we have 13 after 11 games
  • We had 2210 rushing years as a team.  This season through 11 games, we have 1019 yards as a team.

Frank sealed his own fate when he chose his system over personnel, and when he felt he could save the season by taking back play calling.

This is not an overreaction.  We are inept on offense and nearly unwatchable.  We have played good enough defense to be a .500 team if we could score 20 points per game.  Take into consideration, 21 other NFL teams are scoring more than 20 points per game this year.  We are averaging just over 15 points per game.

Evero should be the head coach going forward, but I understand him not wanting to take the job.  There is no way I let him out of the building unless he refuses the HC job and is not offered one from other teams.

Fire Fitt.  Bring in a consultant. I'd be looking at Kevin Colbert or Ozzie Newsome, more likely Colbert.  Let them evaluate what we have in house and make the call from there.  I'd like to pair Evero up with a GM who believes in him.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

No one can win instantly with this team with Young at QB.  If Tepper wanted instant wins he should have went with a Vet QB or drafted a better rookie QB.  Not sure Reich was the answer but the staff assembled on paper seemed amazing and to just fire him after 11 games with what he had to work with really sends a terrible message to possible candidates.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I thought the Huddle hivemind had decided he wouldn't be fired for this very reason. Maybe Reich was onboard with the Bryce pick after all. 

Eventually yes, but that's not who I think he really wanted initially.  I hope Frank does eventually give his side of the story, but he's classy and I doubt he airs the dirty laundry.  Honestly, even if he does, I wouldn't think less of him because this fan base needs an explanation and you know Tepper isn't going to give us a straight, HONEST, answer.