• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keyshawn Johnson on live Nat'l tv "I stand on this until I die Frank Reich did not want Bryce Young."

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Lmao in what world is that "confirmation"? Are we to disregard all the other articles and statements from Reich himself that there was consensus that Bryce was the pick? Bryce might work out and he might not but this narrative that Tepper forced the pick is absurd tin-foil hat garbage.

No, it’s not. It’s been floated by several media. No one is wearing a tin foil hat on this.  We have a six-year track record of Tepper doing stupid poo, that alone should tell you everything 

• Beer 1

I still contend that even if Tepper "made the pick" that it is still likely Reich's fault.

Reich and his staff were supposed to be QB gurus, if they went to Tepper and just said, "we can't take Bryce, he flat out doesn't have what it takes, Stroud is that much better of a prospect" and they really pushed the issue, Tepper would have been okay with it.

If all these QB gurus went to him and strongly enough said that it had to be Stroud, I don't see how he could or would have forced Bryce on them since he'd know they were saying it because their own jobs depended on drafting the right guy.

It also wouldn't have been hard for Reich to leak to the media that Tepper was trying to force Bryce on the staff when nobody wanted him, which if that happened, it likely would have forced Tepper's hand to let the staff make the pick anyways so he didn't look like an owner who made final personnel decisions.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I still contend that even if Tepper "made the pick" that it is still likely Reich's fault.

Reich and his staff were supposed to be QB gurus, if they went to Tepper and just said, "we can't take Bryce, he flat out doesn't have what it takes, Stroud is that much better of a prospect" and they really pushed the issue, Tepper would have been okay with it.

If all these QB gurus went to him and strongly enough said that it had to be Stroud, I don't see how he could or would have forced Bryce on them since he'd know they were saying it because their own jobs depended on drafting the right guy.

It also wouldn't have been hard for Reich to leak to the media that Tepper was trying to force Bryce on the staff when nobody wanted him, which if that happened, it likely would have forced Tepper's hand to let the staff make the pick anyways so he didn't look like an owner who made final personnel decisions.

How is it Reich's fault his owner gave him no choice.

Tepper has final say at the end of the day. This clown shouldn't even be making these decisions yet here he is screwing up our future over a QB he fell in love with.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Nobody with an IQ > 10 wanted Young over Stroud

Tommy from Gastonia

Billy from Conover

TJ from Shelby

S2 Score

David Tepper

those were the ones who wanted Young

He was the “consensus QB1”

per Ian Rapaport 

per Daniel Jeremiah

per many other’s not on the CarolinaHuddle message board

Heck even per the Guys who Picked your King Stroud.

i know this is hard to wrap around some people small brains around here.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Tepper overruled the staff and front office. 100% can confirm is a fact. 

Everyone went along with it because he would've pink slipped people that didn't agree with him and his wife's take to draft Young. 

The original plan was to draft Stroud at #2 but the deal fell through and the team was going to stand pat at #9 going into draft night and try to move to 3 with Arizona.  Tepper didn't have the patience for that and called the Bears and gave up a ransom to get his QB over his entire staff and front office. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Tepper overruled the staff and front office. 100% can confirm is a fact. 

Everyone went along with it because he would've pink slipped people that didn't agree with him and his wife's take to draft Young. 

The original plan was to draft Stroud at #2 but the deal fell through and the team was going to stand pat at #9 going into draft night and try to move to 3 with Arizona.  Tepper didn't have the patience for that and called the Bears and gave up a ransom to get his QB over his entire staff and front office. 

100% fact!

This is what everyone forgets the original plan fell through. Tepper never wanted Stroud for whatever reason. He had to get his guy Bryce and it was clear as day. He drafted a QB who didn't even throw at the combine that was a red flag. Tepper screwed us and now we have took 2 steps back as a franchise.

• Pie 1

bryce defenders out in force here. i'll admit my mistake in wanting him. It will take the right coach to create an offense that adhere's to his skills, but he'll probably get hurt. He has to roll out, we need read options where he actually keeps the ball. can't have your cake and eat it too teppa

• Pie 1