• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown is our Franchise player

GPantherfan

26 minutes ago, countryboi said:

While I agree, you still gonna have to pay Burns and the market dictates that he’s probably worth around 25 to 30 mil

And at this point you can’t let him walk

Why can't we let him walk? Preferably tag and trade, but we are not tied to him.

14 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Because of sunken cost, if you let Burns walk after we buffing trades for him that’s the kind of actions that gets people fired

The whole principle of sunken cost is to not let the prior decisions impact a future decision. You got that backwards.

1 hour ago, ChibCU said:

The whole principle of sunken cost is to not let the prior decisions impact a future decision. You got that backwards.

It’s not that you can’t it’s that it’s beyond idiotic. It shows a completely inept franchise to the highest degree to turn down two first and a second to just let him walk. Just like Peppers, but that situation was even worse since he flat out said he didn’t want to be here with time to trade him. 

Good franchises don’t do this, they’ll always trade before they take a loss. The Panthers will look even more stupid than they already do. In fact, I’m not sure there is coming back from that if we aren’t there already.

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Brown should be extended. Burns needs to be traded for draft capital (not to mention cap space) we can use to re-build the offense.

Love Brown as an Auburn fan he is one of my favorite players.  I agree in building a defense around him, but I am also ok if we do a FULL rebuild and trade off our players for draft assets.  Trade off any player with a good value return and rebuild from scratch is an option as well.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Funny because when he was a rookie, Brown got the same vitriol Bryce gets now.

Very true, and I was one of the few that defended him (especially when we were running a 4-3 defense and he came out of a 3-4 defense at Auburn). Dude is a freaking stud now.

Bryce, on the other hand, is hard to defend when he has shown no promise over the entire season...

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Very true, and I was one of the few that defended him (especially when we were running a 4-3 defense and he came out of a 3-4 defense at Auburn). Dude is a freaking stud now.

Bryce, on the other hand, is hard to defend when he has shown no promise over the entire season...

If you saw the Texans game, he showed as much there as Brown did in his best game as a rookie. 

5 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Just FYI brother, the base defense used by Kevin Steele at Auburn during Brown’s years was the 4-3.

Now Steele lined Brown up at various positions on that defensive front at different times according to the situation and play-call, but the vast majority of snaps were at 3-tech.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Just FYI brother, the base defense used by Kevin Steele at Auburn during Brown’s years was the 4-3.

Now Steele lined Brown up at various positions on that defensive front at different times according to the situation and play-call, but the vast majority of snaps were at 3-tech.

That's also what I recalled, a 4-3.