• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wish we had hired Sean Payton

Panthering

55 minutes ago, toldozer said:

That pick was pick 30. If we gave up 9 it would have just been pick 9. In complete hindsight you wouldn't rather have Sean Payton, Dj Moore next year's first which would be number 1 to draft Drake Maye and I  believe we would have gotten back another second round pick someone where from the trade up to #1 as opposed to Bryce young and the lack of the pick next year and unknown coaching staff??? You and everyone else are fuging crazy. Payton is a complete turd bird but he's a good coach 

We probably wouldn't end up with the 1st overall pick if Dalton played all season though.

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

That pick was pick 30. If we gave up 9 it would have just been pick 9. In complete hindsight you wouldn't rather have Sean Payton, Dj Moore next year's first which would be number 1 to draft Drake Maye and I  believe we would have gotten back another second round pick someone where from the trade up to #1 as opposed to Bryce young and the lack of the pick next year and unknown coaching staff??? You and everyone else are fuging crazy. Payton is a complete turd bird but he's a good coach 

First, OP never mentioned in his topic that going after Payton would have been instead of the young trade. I don’t even know that he realized “signing Payton” meant we would have to trade for him like Denver, since he was citing that the reason he wasn’t pursued was because of his ego instead of the more likely scenario that we didnt feel like it was worth trading for him.

But playing along with your fantasy GMing, If Payton is such as great coach are we really going to have the number one pick next year? Who was going to be our QB heading into this year if we traded for him? Who is to say we still didn’t trade for young and just give up future additional picks and other players? Why not just sign the younger coach in Steichen that we don’t have to give up draft capital for, and who doesn’t have a smug punchable face?

Lasty, it’s Friday afternoon and you’re getting worked up enough about hyping Sean Payton to call people names on a message board. Consider medication.

11 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

First, OP never mentioned in his topic that going after Payton would have been instead of the young trade. I don’t even know that he realized “signing Payton” meant we would have to trade for him like Denver, since he was citing that the reason he wasn’t pursued was because of his ego instead of the more likely scenario that we didnt feel like it was worth trading for him.

But playing along with your fantasy GMing, If Payton is such as great coach are we really going to have the number one pick next year? Who was going to be our QB heading into this year if we traded for him? Who is to say we still didn’t trade for young and just give up future additional picks and other players? Why not just sign the younger coach in Steichen that we don’t have to give up draft capital for, and who doesn’t have a smug punchable face?

Lasty, it’s Friday afternoon and you’re getting worked up enough about hyping Sean Payton to call people names on a message board. Consider medication.

Yeah I'd rather have steichen too I'm just saying at the time giving up pick number 9 for a coach would have been met with tremendous criticism but in hindsight we'd be better off with Payton and a pick next year then the Reich/Young combo. Also who did a call a name other the Sean Payton?

I agree with the OP for this single reason alone and I think I see the OP angle on this. Sean Payton got Drew Brees (fairly undersized QB) and designed a system that fit his abilities and allowed him to get the ball out quick. We have a good accurate QB who is somewhat the same. So I dont think its about Sean Payton the person but about the scheme. If we could find a coach with a similar scheme and mindset whose name isnt Sean Payton would be ideal

• Beer 1

It doesn’t really matter but to be honest, I’ve been very surprised with the Broncos 6-5 record and beating the Chiefs, Bills and Browns in the last 4 weeks. The Broncos were worse than us last year and now they are much better than us. We can hate Payton all we want but it sucks knowing they are where we want to be.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I wanted Paton at the time. I consider it almost a certainty we'd be in a lot better shape if we had gone that route. Now it's no exaggeration to say that we've hit rock bottom with no relief in sight. It doesn't get any worse than this other than the team moving and BOA being dynamited to the ground. 

Edited by pantherj

On 12/1/2023 at 8:01 AM, Panthering said:

I was clamoring for him, but everyone on here couldn't see past his Saints tenure, now he's already got the Broncos running in year 1. Shame, don't think Tepper would want an alpha like him in the building anyways who would tell him to F off. Another whiff!  

Nobody wants that clown bake. Wilks is the coach we need to win like last year. 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, Day1PanthersFan said:

A coach that changed the culture of a historically bad team, while scheming a short QB to a Superbowl win and a HOF carreer, nah we can't have that 

We prefer more honorable coaches that go 4-13 and get fired 

Bountygate. Saints culture became playing dirty and win at any cost.