• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official "I heard there was a game today" thread (game day thread...whoopie)

rayzor

1 minute ago, Troys99x4 said:

Both teams have more weapons than us. If you don’t think so, you should “check what’s going on before you post”. We have given this kid the worst situation to step in as a rookie. Rivera and Daboll aren’t dumb enough to pass on 3rd and 4th needing 1 yard. 

Who, old ass Saquon? The Giants WR corps is just as weak as ours. The Skins DO have a good RB. But their WR corps is nothing to write home about. It's ok to admit that we are weak everywhere including QB, but it looks like you refuse to do so. Did you go to Bama?

• Pie 1

I've been a Bryce supporter. And I still disagree with those who call him a bust simply because of his lack of a supporting cast... that said, I no longer have much faith in his ability to be elite when he finally does have the pieces around him. Can he be a Jared Goff type yes, Ryan Tannehill, sure, D. Carr perhaps. But we all had hope that by trading up we would be getting more than that. A franchise, superbowl winning guy. 

It's ironic that I'm coming to this conclusion in his best game in weeks, but that 3rd and 1 at the end really left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't doubt his heart. I doubt his decision making under fire.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I just don't understand coaches sometimes.  You have a portion of the offense that is actually working, and you don't even try it once.  Fwiw, Mingo and Chuba both had solid games today.  

Plays calls weren’t bad at all. He had all day to throw, and any other team would have had a wide open man for a possible TD. Maybe Miles on 4th. All on Bryce. Pretty much the same as the 2 pt conversion except fried circuit board didn’t run

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Plays calls weren’t bad at all. He had all day to throw, and any other team would have had a wide open man for a possible TD. Maybe Miles on 4th. All on Bryce. Pretty much the same as the 2 pt conversion except fried circuit board didn’t run

Yeah I thought I saw Miles flash open on that 4th and one. Not that I'd have much confidence of him making a play but still. It looked like his read, progression started on Thielin's side of the field. He's been our target on most 4th downs this year. I more upset about him not running it on 3rd and one.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Who, old ass Saquon? The Giants WR corps is just as weak as ours. The Skins DO have a good RB. But their WR corps is nothing to write home about. It's ok to admit that we are weak everywhere including QB, but it looks like you refuse to do so. Did you go to Bama?

Who in our receiving corp would start on any of their offenses besides Thielen?

you’re right, WE DO SUCK EVERYWHERE. But I’m not willing to write off a first year quarterback who was dropped in a terrible situation. Many QB’s have overcome mediocre first years. You are the casual type, blow it up because you see the guy we didn’t take looking successful. 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you have to take your starting QB off the field for a sneak there's nothing more that needs to be said.

Had the layup pick with Stroud. Had all the intangibles we seeked. We got cute. We got burned.

They really thought they where going to get the Texans to trade up to #1 to get some capital back. Come to find out the Texans wanted Stroud all along not Young 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, emhoward said:

I've been a Bryce supporter. And I still disagree with those who call him a bust simply because of his lack of a supporting cast... that said, I no longer have much faith in his ability to be elite when he finally does have the pieces around him. Can he be a Jared Goff type yes, Ryan Tannehill, sure, D. Carr perhaps. But we all had hope that by trading up we would be getting more than that. A franchise, superbowl winning guy. 

It's ironic that I'm coming to this conclusion in his best game in weeks, but that 3rd and 1 at the end really left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't doubt his heart. I doubt his decision making under fire.  

Sadly this is where I am. Was such a special player at Alabama. He’s not a guy that can carry an offense. He can be highly productive in a GOOD offense/scheme, but he’s not elevating a bad one. So yea like others have said, you didn’t have to give away your future for him. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, emhoward said:

We'd be extremely lucky if he develops to be a short Alex Smith. He for sure will be upgradeable if the situation arises and we continue to be a bottom team. Hopefully we can get some serviceable to solid QB play out of him until then.