• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

I think the Bryce hate is well founded, next in line is Punch Bryce in the face.

Say What North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

He has a face that you would love to punch. Bonus for breaking the glasses or knocking them off. Make him cry to win the jackpot.

he hit the jackpot when he suckered the FO into taking him

• Pie 2

I actually am less amazed by the deserved hate he is getting and more amazed by the people blindly defending him blaming everyone and everything else but him.  I could at least understand all the Cam defenders towards the end b/c he had done so much for the Panthers but Young has done nothing and has only been a Panther for a short while so really dont understand the defenders

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

I actually am less amazed by the deserved hate he is getting and more amazed by the people blindly defending him blaming everyone and everything else but him.  I could at least understand all the Cam defenders towards the end b/c he had done so much for the Panthers but Young has done nothing and has only been a Panther for a short while so really dont understand the defenders

Because they are still convinced that he was a superstar before he even stepped in the league. Thats what it always come down too. He has only proven himself based off what he has done in college. Its the experienced coaches and players fault why he hasnt brought that over to the pros according to them. im glad guys like Chark spoke out in that article. The players hear are the chatter about how they havent been pulling their weight while bryce gets a pass. Im glad they are letting it be known bryce should be held more accountable.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, thebdawg said:

Dawg if the coaches wanted to change his drop back they would have done it. They’ve had 7 months to do it. They let him do his lazy drop back with his shoulders square to the LOS, Reich and McCown both. And they’re gone. 

Next coach HAS to change it, because it throws off the timing on everything. There’s no true quick game because Bryce can’t get set to throw that quickly. 

Pretty much.  That's the most concise way to put it.  

The story as it came out today was that Reich wanted to spend this year getting Young comfortable with NFL playcalling and wait until the offseason to try and correct things like his footwork.

The more I read, the more I believe Reich really would have preferred to sit Young in favor of a veteran for his rookie year, but that doesn't appear to have been an option.

• Beer 1

Bryce has been sacked 44 times due to the horrid play calling, poor pass blocking, lack of a running game, and WRs who don't get open. His number are STILL better than Trevor Lawrence in the same amount of time in the NFL. I don't expect simple-minded people to comprehend that it is too early to give up on him, though. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Bryce has been sacked 44 times due to the horrid play calling, poor pass blocking, lack of a running game, and WRs who don't get open. His number are STILL better than Trevor Lawrence in the same amount of time in the NFL. I don't expect simple-minded people to comprehend that it is too early to give up on him, though. 

congrats on figuring it all out, now do sam darnold, zach wilson and blaine gabbart

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

I agree, it is simple minded.

Some people aren’t able to simplify (so they mock it. You maybe?) won’t settle for simple, allow their emotions to complicate things, etc. I will admit, it is wearing my simple mind out just thinking about it. 

I am too thick, incapable of rational flexibility, and just too old too, probably, to understand how beneficial and illuminating some of these more sophisticated evaluation tools really are, and what they offer the person willing to be on the cutting edge. They are truly modernizing the NFL. 

Analysis is finally catching up to our technological capabilities. Like now, we can track things like how many franchise quarterbacks grew up with two parents in the home, and we have this great tool the S2, that absolutely lessens the need to depend on our eyeballs. 

I think those people trying to perfect the pre draft analysis process can finally rest easy on that one. They have earned recognition. 

But I digress. Eyeballs are completely unnecessary for this evaluation. Edit: strike that. They are. 

Did I ever get a reply from any of the big Bryce Young promotors about the little hop skip step thing he does running up to launch his deep ball? 

No I don’t think I have. It took my eyeballs literally a few reps of watching his pro day deep balls to see it. But no one acknowledges or explains it to me. They don’t try. It must be really complicated. I am sure they must think I couldn’t understand it.

Edited by stratocatter

20 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I agree, it is simple

20 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

But I digress. Eyeballs are completely unnecessary for this evaluation. Edit: strike that. They are. 

Did I ever get a reply from any of the big Bryce Young promotors about the little hop skip step thing he does running up to launch his deep ball? 

No I don’t think I have. It took my eyeballs literally a few reps of watching his pro day deep balls to see it. But no one acknowledges or explains it to me. They don’t try. It must be really complicated. I am sure they must think I couldn’t understand it.

It is simply mind boggling that this genius staff and GM and scouts didn’t flag this 

in almost every sport necessary to throw a ball or hit a ball, set, transfer weight, turn hips to target. ….

i just am very perplexed how these nfl evaluators did not flag this  

from what my UNTRAINED eye sees of Young, it’s a miracle he ever completes a pass in the NFL 

Very hard to change someone’s biomechanics this  late in the fame 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1