• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were GM, how would you use our that first pick in round 2?

SCO96

Im still a pure BPA purist. 

There are soooooooo many holes on the team. About the only spot I feel is "ok" with the starters is safety. Worst roster in the league, I feel the gap to cards/giants/pats is pretty large as well. 90% of the panthers best talents are up for contracts/5th yr etc. Just a giant mess.....I fully understand the fitterererer hate, even with rhule at full power...

Edited by Basbear

FYI it feels Tepper gave the orders to fix the IOL. Fitterere is bringing in old OGs that have not played for yrs. 

Even with christ and colbert, watch lots of resources used on improving IOL. Its one of the last ways to disprove "young isnt that bad...."

Edited by Basbear

No one player will get this right. It's time for roster building & mining for overlooked & undervalued talent. Increase the talent of competition at every level.

Do not fall in love with any player. Trade down to accumulate 15 picks. Draft BPA at every position. Then aim to have a strong udfa class. Everyone can be replaced including Burns & Young.

Hoping we land Kris Jenkins to compete. You know he'll be prepared for the NFL with his dad and uncle while playing under Harbaugh. 

wide receiver is the only answer. our receiving corp needs a jolt or 2 of speed. not just  straight line speed either. fast twitch, ankle breaking, route running, take the top off the defense receiver. then do it again with either 3 or 4. interior OL is the other pick. 

why in the world would anyone want to drop another rookie QB in this mess is beyond me. 

40 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I would Go BPA between OL, TE, or WR without question. Every penny in cap I had available would be spent on the top available FA WR’s. You have to give Bryce every opportunity to succeed next year to properly evaluate him to see if he’s the future or not. 

I see things pretty much the way you do. Those 3 positions need to be our top priority. But, do you really think a top FA is going to want to join the worst organization in NFL?

If I was in my prime and had the power to choose my fate, you couldn’t pay me enough to join the current day Carolina Panthers. I know this sounds bad, but I’d be giddy if we found a legit #2 to complement Theilan in the slot and took our chances on speed receiver in round 2. Unfortunately, I have no faith in Scott F. To pick the right guy after the round 2 selections of TMJ and Mingo.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Fitterer has been just like Hurney 2.0. 

Marty was flat out better. Marty always had good things to hang his hat on.   Marty flat out drafted some dominant players.  

Not even close if you look and compare Marty 3 years into the role here.    Marty was dare I say….good….in that early window overall. 

• Pie 1