• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is pretty funny listening to former NFL guys see Bryce for the first time

electro's horse

22 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

said it earlier today, his spirit is completely broken.  Maybe he could have been a good QB, but whatever chance there was has been completely set on fire.  He was trying, thinking he was doing alright (we all knew it wasn't true, but at least internally they fed that they were behind him), then reports start coming out that his footwork sucks, he doesn't get the plays in on time, coaches wanted him benched.  I think he was shielded somewhat from these criticisms (and in fairness, they are all fair criticisms) until the damn broke and now he realizes no one has his back and pretty much everyone thinks he sucks.  He's never faced adversity in his life being the #1 HS prospect, Heisman, almost never losing in college or high school and always having people suck his dick...well, criticism comes and he's mentally broken.  Maybe he gets it together and becomes great, maybe he can regroup in the offseason, but there's a good chance that between shitty oline, bad receivers, awful coaching, and his own actual fug ups, we've completely trashed this guys career.

Half of the building probably despises him.

This is these guys job and livelihood and he is destroying it. He already has gotten several coaches fired. I am sure his teammates are not behind him. 

Mighty mouse is done after next season, you cant fix his problems. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At least Pickles delivered us the #1 overall pick. Bryce is gonna cost us two #1 overalls and a #1 WR.

And therein lies the crux on why Bryce deserves a fair amount of criticism. I've been on the bandwagon of defending him in the past this season. He really is in a terrible spot and has clearly broken down.

BUT, for fugs sake he's the #1 overall pick. Not just that, but one where this moron of a GM (and owner) decided to mortgage the future on. At this point, he should've shown stuff to rise against the adversity of the situation he's in for what the Panthers have given up. 

Frankly, any defense has been towards him showing flashes of what an NFL level starter is expected to do - anticipate throws and make them accurately. He's shown flashes of that basic stuff.

He's shown zero ability otherwise at elevating this team. For what we've given up, he's supposed to be able to do that.

I've excused him for the first half of the season. Now, there's no excuse for him to continue to be worse. He may end up a fine NFL starter, and I hope so. That chance is looking less likely, and his limitations - lack of athleticism and arm - clearly are showing its ugly rear head.

It's looking like one of the worst deals this team has committed themselves to. Shooting themselves in the foot with a QB with clear athletic limitations in a league where that can kill a QB's potential. And with Young not even showing strengths in what should be his strengths (supah processor, super intelligent) I have little faith in him at this point.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Early in the game this asshat really said that we were going to let "Bryce Young show off his big arm" 

That’s what he has to say. They have a script they go off of to try to keep people watching at the beginning and into half. You can tell because it’s like a presentation. 

there were several times when Vilma was clearly pausing to figure out the most pc way to say something. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

am sure his teammates are not behind him. 

Some people on here don’t think this happens, but it does. This is no different than any work environment.  We have all worked with someone we did not like and did not believe in and it does affect how you feel about them. I’m convinced the players no longer believe in Bryce. They would know, they see more of him than we do. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Some people on here don’t think this happens, but it does. This is no different than any work environment.  We have all worked with someone we did not like and did not believe in and it does affect how you feel about them. I’m convinced the players no longer believe in Bryce. They would know, they see more of him than we do. 

I bet the entire defensive room wants to jump him.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

said it earlier today, his spirit is completely broken.  Maybe he could have been a good QB, but whatever chance there was has been completely set on fire.  He was trying, thinking he was doing alright (we all knew it wasn't true, but at least internally they fed that they were behind him), then reports start coming out that his footwork sucks, he doesn't get the plays in on time, coaches wanted him benched.  I think he was shielded somewhat from these criticisms (and in fairness, they are all fair criticisms) until the damn broke and now he realizes no one has his back and pretty much everyone thinks he sucks.  He's never faced adversity in his life being the #1 HS prospect, Heisman, almost never losing in college or high school and always having people suck his dick...well, criticism comes and he's mentally broken.  Maybe he gets it together and becomes great, maybe he can regroup in the offseason, but there's a good chance that between shitty oline, bad receivers, awful coaching, and his own actual fug ups, we've completely trashed this guys career.

Horseshit. It isn’t college and you can’t ruin somethingh that isn’t there. That is him failing, is what it is. It’s uop tyo him to keep going or quit. I admire that he is trying, but I don’t see him overcoming his shortcomings. 

Go back to the first padded practices and see what was leaking out. 

• Pie 1