• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mrs. Thomas Brown: "We're already fired"

Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’m just curious, who would you prefer to be the next HC? To me, someone like Harbaugh needs to be here to right this ship. I know the popular coach is the young OC from who knows where, but we aren’t ready for that. We need someone to come in and build this SOB the right way. To me, that screams Harbaugh. 

Oh God. Don't even say the name Harbaugh cause you are about to get slammed with a guy posting AI videos showing how bad Harbaugh really is. Lmao. /sarcasm

Harbaugh is the only correct choice here.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

That’s another reason why I’d like to see him here, someone to tell Tepp to kick rocks. 

Ultimately, it’s like you said, Tepper needs to have little to no input on the football side of things. If that happens, things will turn around. 

The two times we've been anything other than completely awful under Tepper were his first year when he was focused on business operations and during Wilks' interim period when he was likely just focusing on the future. He's probably still heavily meddling currently because he's desperate for Bryce not to be a bust. Well, Bryce hasn't thrown for over 200 yards since before Halloween and has only thrown for two TDs post-Halloween. He's thrown for under 200 yards in 8 of his 12 starts. Zero 250+ yard games.

Bryce's bust-o-meter is bouncing off the rev limited right now.

New_Image.gif.c8fe2240544fe8e3672dd24c03db7fd1.gif

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Oh God. Don't even say the name Harbaugh cause you are about to get slammed with a guy posting AI videos showing how bad Harbaugh really is. Lmao. /sarcasm

Harbaugh is the only correct choice here.

Harbaugh is NOT coming here. Please stop with this.

"University of Michigan and Jim Harbaugh are in contract extension talks worth over $11 million annually. Nearly a month from the Rose Bowl between Michigan and Alabama, talks of a contract extension for Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh are underway."

Only seven NFL coaches make more than that this season. Tepper would obviously pay as much as needed. But ask yourself, why would John Harbaugh, who has already been an NFL coach, come HERE? He'll get paid very well to stay at Michigan and be in the title conversation every year, or get paid very well to go to a better NFL team.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Un-ban that Tepper blow up doll that kept harping on the Appaloosa model. Let's watch him try to worm his way out of this shitshow.

The Appaloosa model was just buying up a bunch of bank debt just before the 2008 bail out. He made something like 7 billion off that alone. I don’t think the league is bailing us out of this mess.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Don't worry, we'll staff this team with "up and coming" college coaches lol. Maybe it's time to pick a new team to cheer for? Let's see ... what are my local options: NYG or Jets.

Oh No Reaction GIF

Last week I tried to give the Jags a shot and Lawrence got hurt within a few plays of me turning their game on. If Panthers fans start watching other teams we're going to bring our luck with us.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not just draft night. The entire off-season cycle leading up to the draft. Our only hope is that the media doesn't turn on the "Bryce will be fine" narrative. If they do, it's gonna be UGLY.

LOL. The hype machine will be rolling:

The Past:

It'll be a repeat of the same offseasons that we've had with new coaching coming in. For Rhule, we got hyped that he turned around a college program from ineptitude to somewhat competent. Forget his inexperience, obviously college coaches to the NFL was the way to go. We got excited about him bringing his yes men and him bringing a college level attitude to the table. Obviously this is a superbowl caliber coaching staff!

He crumbles, so we go the opposite extreme with Reich. He's got so much experience, forget his lackluster offense in Indy! We get excited he's an offensive head coach, and then super excited he brought in guys with more experience in the staff. Obviously this is a Superbowl caliber coaching staff!

The Present and Future:

He crumbles, so now Tepper will aim for the Young McVay/Shanahan clone. Said clone is Shanahan's brainchild, he's got so much innovative ideas! Forget that the offense won't find any further WR talent in the offseason or draft, and especially forget that Bryce Young is bad. We get excited he's an innovative offensive head coach that promises he'll fix bryce. Obviously this is a Superbowl caliber coaching staff!

This same tired song and dance towards flinging poo and hoping it sticks will continue. New coaching staffs won't fix the limitations Young inherently has and one offseason won't jumpstart this offense to the echelons of the 49ers. Shanahan wouldn't even be able to make gold out of this poo.

The Panthers are a mess, they'll be bad in 2024, and unless Bryce Young somehow lucks into getting the second coming of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss at wideout, will continue to be bad.

I have little hope for improvement, but the same offseason dance of false new toy hope will continue until proven otherwise.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, 4Corners said:

“Hey let me throw my husband, family, and employer under the bus, and imply my highly overpaid husband is stealing a paycheck and we are counting the days until we can leave. Oh if I delete this nobody will ever know I said it. “

- Nikki Brown 

8 A.M today "The Panthers have fired offensively offensive coordinator Thomas Brown"

Can we all do a big "No Duh!"  Typically, when you're team sucks, everyone gets fired.  Thomas Brown seems like a good, serious football guy, but he doesn't have to chops to be a NFL offensive coordinator right now.  Best of luck to him in the future.  This team stinks.  His work speaks for itself.

3 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This just proves that the remaining personnel have checked out, so there is no point in starting Bryce for the rest of the season, because it's not like he's being developed. Please spare the fans and start Dalton so that there is a less miserable product on the field. 

Agree with this. And that was what rubbed me the wrong way about his wife crying on twitter. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

This just proves that the remaining personnel have checked out, so there is no point in starting Bryce for the rest of the season, because it's not like he's being developed. Please spare the fans and start Dalton so that there is a less miserable product on the field. 

Lol, I've been saying this for the past 6 or 7 games.  But NOOOoooo, we have to see what we have in Bryce Young they said.  It's too early to bench him they said.  What we have is a non-NFL QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1