• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich was the fall guy

Jmac

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I'm sure it was also Bryce's fault he was fired by the Colts mid-season last year too

yeah but at the very same time ask yourself this question then?what if Frank Reich was able to get the Qb that he wanted in CJ Stroud instead of Bryce Young 

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

I'd take the fall, have no problem with everyone laughing at me if you paid me $40 million. I'd keep my mouth shut and sit and stew in my poo

There maybe something in the coaches contract that precludes them from commenting for a number of years, or until their contract runs out. By the time some of them speak on it it may be irrelevant. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, bandu said:

yeah but at the very same time ask yourself this question then?what if Frank Reich was able to get the Qb that he wanted in CJ Stroud instead of Bryce Young 

We can sit here and play the what if game all day long. The people who don't like Young will come up with all sorts of scenarios where we would be successful if we just draft Stroud, if we just started Dalton, if we just brought back Jimmy Clausen we'd have so many more wins and this team would be awesome!!!!

Offensive line would still be a joke and playing in the wrong scheme, WRs are a bunch of journeyman/JAGs at best. TEs are, wait who are our TEs again? And the running game that didn't show up until we hit double digit weeks in the regular season. There's a lot wrong with this offense than simply having the "wrong" QB. Not even going to touch on the coaching staff which turned into an absolute poo show.

But again 99% of this board will continue to believe Bryce Young is our only problem and he's really the ONLY person holding this team back from winning the division and being a playoff caliber team. Ok lol

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, but I do think he'd like to have gone out better.

Without a doubt.

Honestly, he may have not been a very good head coach in general, too. The Colts years weren't much to remark on. 

But most folks who get that NFL HC job flame out, too. He outlasted many.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Why are we trying to pretend Frank was some amazing coach in the first place? Check out Indianapolis message boards and it might open your eyes a bit. Hell, listen to the interview with Jeff Saturday about what the culture was like when he took over for Frank.

According to Wilks’ fans, .500 coaching is legendary.

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

We can sit here and play the what if game all day long. The people who don't like Young will come up with all sorts of scenarios where we would be successful if we just draft Stroud, if we just started Dalton, if we just brought back Jimmy Clausen we'd have so many more wins and this team would be awesome!!!!

Offensive line would still be a joke and playing in the wrong scheme, WRs are a bunch of journeyman/JAGs at best. TEs are, wait who are our TEs again? And the running game that didn't show up until we hit double digit weeks in the regular season. There's a lot wrong with this offense than simply having the "wrong" QB. Not even going to touch on the coaching staff which turned into an absolute poo show.

But again 99% of this board will continue to believe Bryce Young is our only problem and he's really the ONLY person holding this team back from winning the division and being a playoff caliber team. Ok lol

Andy Dalton who had hardly any first team reps in camp resulting in a lack of chemistry with the starting players on the offensive side of the ball passed for 361 yards & 2 touchdowns & zero interceptions while all at the same time on the road in Seattle which is  one of the more if not the most difficult places to play in the NFL  for opposing teams due to the noise.&  that's with yes the exact same players Bryce Young has played with pretty much all season except that one game...just saying that's what Andy Dalton did for a FACT in Frank Reichs offense...

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Jmac said:

He was stuck with a QB he probably didn't want and was expected to perform miracles.

The whole playbook indicates that Young was very limited and he knew it. Only so much he could do with what he had.

I have a feeling Tepper had his foot on his neck to start Young and make it work. He was probably relieved that he was let go.

This whole thing with Tepper and Young had set this team back years. Having to take all kinds of crap from your boss and be the fall guy really sucks.

Lol, I was saying this when the firing happened!!!  Noooooooo, everything was Frank's fault.  Bryce sucking...Frank's fault, 10+ guys on IR--mostly defense...Frank's fault, No TEs...Frank's fault, WR besides a simi-washed Thielen sucking...Frank's fault, Sander's being a con-artist...Frank's fault, Tepper micro-managing; attempting to do his best Jim Irsay Impression...Frank's fault, Fitterer undermining Frank in order to save his own job...Frank's fault.

Frank may not have been a great coach, but was doomed from the rip.  That's the reason when Tepper gave him an out, Frank took him up on it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I'm sure it was also Bryce's fault he was fired by the Colts mid-season last year too

Actually, he had a winning record until Irsay stepped in and told him which QB to start from week to week.  Frank should have known better to take a job with another meddling owner.

• Flames 3

53 minutes ago, bandu said:

..just saying that's what Andy Dalton did for a FACT in Frank Reichs offense...

Also got to acknowledge Frank conceded he gave Andy plays that he wasn’t giving Bryce.  Andy asked him and Frank gave them.  So it at least shows Andy knows doing what they had been doing with Bryce….wasn’t going to cut it. 

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Actually, he had a winning record until Irsay stepped in and told him which QB to start from week to week.  Frank should have known better to take a job with another meddling owner.

Irsay then replaced him with Jeff Saturday.

He pushed to keep Saturday during their coaching search too. People were scared to death he wouldn't let go.