• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please...not Bill Belichick

Jmac

With Cam Newton, Ron Rivera was NFL coach of the year twice.  Bill B. lost about 55% of his games without Brady.  I am impressed with what they are doing in Houston with a rookie QB, NY Jets are doing well, and Sean Payton has got Denver playing well.   The Niners are winning with Mr. Irrelevant. Seattle?  Miami?--that is coaching. What is in their drinking water?  Bill did not have to worry about the QB position for 2 decades--man, that makes the job so much easier.  Gave him more time to work on things like spygate and inflate gate.  His ego was built with false bravado.  Any coach who had the GOAT at QB for 20 years might be a bit overvalued.  Bringing him here reminds me of Seifert. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

It would be Seifert 2.0.  

it’s why you study history kids.  

Its 2023.  We need to hire a new young age coach for the new NFL.   They don’t have to be 20.  It doesn’t need to be a 70+ year old defensive coach that was great elsewhere and done all he is ever going to do in the NFL already. 

would be improve us? Sure. So would bringing John Fox out of retirement or rehiring Rivera.  Bar is on the literal floor. 

"Who is George Siefert?"

-David Tepper probably

• Flames 2

I think if he comes it might be as head football guy, not head coach. Not sure how I feel about it except anyone that could interfere with Tepper’s meddling would be better than what we have.

And he is a killer cheater, hates to lose. With our luck he would get nailed and there would not be any destruction of the evidence. 

Who knows. I doin’t know the point of making him coach at his age. 

5 hours ago, Jmac said:

Rumor has it that Teppers going after him. That's exactly what they need. A 71 year old man to ignite a fire in this team. s/

It sounds like something that Tepper would do. WTF is it with this guy. He never learns. Just a never ending pattern of stupid moves to further malign the team.

We can only hope that Belichik would say no if targeted. I couldn't stomach two or three seasons with that man as HC.

Belichick will not happen. Relax on that one. 

I wouldn’t be super excited but would be fine with Bill and McDaniels OC. Look at Tepper last 2 hires, this would at least be a higher floor than a snake oil college coach and a less than 1 season removed fired coach who never won anything. Baby steps for Tepp

That being said I’m giving that less than 5% chance to happen 

Edited by jb2288