• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please...not Bill Belichick

Jmac

There are more attractive places for him to go than here, so I'm not too worried about that. And it's way too early to jump into who is the best coaching candidate out there that will be available.

There's this one coach who seems to be losing his fanbase that has a small chance of being let go that would be a major get for us. Let's see what shakes loose out there first.

I do know, however, that the Belichick coaching tree has been pretty much picked of all its fruit and short of Vrabel doesn't have much marketplace strength right now. I don't think Bill will be as coveted as many think.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not better though. You just going off what he did with Brady. He has legit looked below average since Brady left.

He's also 71 it's not like he has these new ideas of finding ways to improve as a HC. I don't want any part of that guy coming here. We already tried the older HC with younger roster thing. It didn't work. BB is even older than Frank. 

Belichick is going to go down as the best there ever was. Below average? Dude, he doesn't have a QB, or any particularly standout players on offense. Brady went into a ready-made situation. If Belichick goes into a ready-made situation, he'll likely do the same thing. That being said, we are the antithesis of a ready-made situation. I'm not worried about him coming to Carolina.

At the end of the day, Bill and Tom had years of success together. You really can't separate the two.

Only way I could see him coming here would be if he didn’t have any other option. The Panthers are in such shambles I wouldn’t be opposed to somebody like him coming in for 2-3 with very low expectations and showing the Front Office what they are supposed to do and setting some type of foundation of culture for the team even if we sit a .500 a few seasons. That would be an improvement and would attract better candidates and players.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Belichick is going to go down as the best there ever was. Below average? Dude, he doesn't have a QB, or any particularly standout players on offense. Brady went into a ready-made situation. If Belichick goes into a ready-made situation, he'll likely do the same thing. That being said, we are the antithesis of a ready-made situation. I'm not worried about him coming to Carolina.

At the end of the day, Bill and Tom had years of success together. You really can't separate the two.

I don't care about his past. We talking about right now. He's not a good fit for this team point blank.

44 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Personal vs professional are two different kinds of connections, a big ask for someone 72 and use to being in total control to be flexible for a 22 year old kid in order to coach him  

I agree I don’t want Belichek. Only way I could see it working with an oldman is if he was a master QB who could pass on his knowledge. And Reich was definitely not a master QB in his playing days 

10 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

If literally any other team wants belichick, he is not coming here. We are his safety school NFL team to coach.

I don't know, man.  This feels like the perfect situation for Belichick.  We will pay him the most.  We would give him the most control.  We have 0 expectations, so if Belichick fails here, it won't reflect on him as poorly as it would if he failed with Herbert.  We are a small market, means Belichick has to deal with less press than he would in Los Angeles or New York.

I don't want Belichick. But it does make sense on his end.