• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Final Drive

Seltzer

43 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Bryce does have some positives this year.  Couple of game winning drives, and his passes in the mid range (15-30 yards) are mostly good.  Also, he has decent mobility and hasn't thrown a lot of picks.  Only 1 in the last four games, I think.  But we still have a lot of questions about whether he will eventually be a NFL qb.  

Very fair

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

That was the work of a franchise QB and a guy worthy of a #1 pick.  Incredible drive for any QB, let alone a maligned, rookie QB backed up against the wind and in the worst weather conditions imaginable against a talented Falcons secondary.

Unlike the litany of people on this board who want so badly to crucify this kid & ignore the almost comical level of dysfunction he has had to deal with this year, I'm not crowning him by any means.

It is still 100% valid & fair to say it was a mistake to trade up for Bryce.  I will never argue against that; I just vehemently disagree with the assertion that any other QB would have been justified for us trading up for given how unbelievably inept everything else has been this year.

We are stuck with Bryce for at least next year, and I'm neither a masochist nor a Bryce hater, so I am incredibly excited by this drive.

5/5 for 68 yards is objectively good for any drive, and almost impossible in the weather conditions out there.

Hope he can continue to build on this in hopefully better weather next week.

Please give some credit to the strong winds that corrected Young's inaccuracy. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

That was the work of a franchise QB and a guy worthy of a #1 pick.  Incredible drive for any QB, let alone a maligned, rookie QB backed up against the wind and in the worst weather conditions imaginable against a talented Falcons secondary.

Unlike the litany of people on this board who want so badly to crucify this kid & ignore the almost comical level of dysfunction he has had to deal with this year, I'm not crowning him by any means.

It is still 100% valid & fair to say it was a mistake to trade up for Bryce.  I will never argue against that; I just vehemently disagree with the assertion that any other QB would have been justified for us trading up for given how unbelievably inept everything else has been this year.

We are stuck with Bryce for at least next year, and I'm neither a masochist nor a Bryce hater, so I am incredibly excited by this drive.

5/5 for 68 yards is objectively good for any drive, and almost impossible in the weather conditions out there.

Hope he can continue to build on this in hopefully better weather next week.

One of the most sensible posts I have read on here. Great take 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

For better or worse, we're going to ride with bryce next year. So you can bitch and complain about it or hope he improves and takes a step forward in the off season. Guess it just depends on the type of person you are 

This. As a fan, I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want our QB to turn a corner and grow into a solid player. Best case scenario is that it all starts to click for Bryce and we continue to build the team. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Not sure id want to go back and change anything because we won, but theilen did drop a TD which would have helped make Bryce’s day a bit better. On the other end, he overthrew another long pass attempt. 

Same narrative of the year, Bryce misses some plays he should make, but even when he does make them our receivers let him down. 

happy for the win. We wanted to see progress and considering the circumstances I think some progress was made.

46 minutes ago, KSpan said:

And I disagree that it was an amazing drive. It wasn't. Those were mostly throws to wide open receivers and he still struggled to make them, with his arm weakness turning what should be gimmes into situations where a defender darn near closed the gap (e.g. the Tremble throw). It worked out, but it was neither pretty nor special. We have just been so starved of WB play, and Bryce has been so awful and the cost to get him so high, that the bar is set real low. 

Red Zone just picked as the Drive of the Day

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Seems like he’s pretty solid in the intermediary passing levels but we don’t have the consistent speed to give him the big openings he wants to throw deep confidently. Thats on him also too. 

He doesn’t play QB like an idiot which is a positive. I think it’s a matter of him connecting on these deep shots and building some muscle in the offseason so he can be sturdy in the pocket and increase his arm strength a bit. 

• Pie 1