• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packers (6-8) @ Panthers (2-12) Preview

ProcessBlue2

image.png.307070f7762b846f00ddc17150e3e47a.png

PB2’s Prediction:

The Panthers take advantage of the Packers weak run defense early on for a steady lead. After Green Box loads the box, Carolina can’t capitalize in the pass game which leads to multiple failed conversations and stalled drives. Green Bay manages to pick apart Carolina’s gassed defense and ties the game as regulation expires. Carolina gets the opening possession in OT but goes 3 and out and gives Green Bay good field position on poor punt coverage. A few solid throws and a defensive holding penalty places the Packers in FG range where Green Bay Kicker Anders Carlson nails a 39 yarder for the win.

Final: Packers 19 Panthers 16

• Pie 2

It could go that way.

I think your points estimate for the Panthers is a little generous. In the 11 games since our offensive explosion of 27 points versus Seattle, we have averaged a paltry 13.8/game. We've had 2 straight games of single digit scoring, and 2 more of just 10 points. 4 out of the last 5 games are not supportive of 16 points.

Conversely, in those same 11 games we are giving up 24.2/game, with 2 42 point games and a 33 point game.

I will give my prediction. 

The defense will hold the Packers to 7 points in the first half that they only manage to score after a sack fumble in which Ickey lets Rashaan gary blast bryce into Gastonia. 

We will dick around on offense and manage a single good drive in the first half that gets in the 10 yard line which will be set back by a false start, holding penalty and another sack. Pinero will hit a 45 yarder. 

The second half will continue with mind numbing penalties, sacks and generally no one getting open against a pretty bad GB defense. 

Finally, absolutely gassed and asking the audience to pass them a cigarette the defense will give up a bomb touchdown. 

Final score GB 21 - CAR 6

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Same old metric. Does the opponent score more than 17 points?  if yes, there's a 99% chance of a Panthers loss.  If the opponent is held to 17 points, about 33.3% shot of a Panthers win and the chances increase about 15% for every 3 points under that.  I know that doesn't add up to 100%, but you get the idea.

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

The defense will hold the Packers to 7 points in the first half that they only manage to score after a sack fumble in which Ickey lets Rashaan gary blast bryce into Gastonia. 

We will dick around on offense and manage a single good drive in the first half that gets in the 10 yard line which will be set back by a false start, holding penalty and another sack. Pinero will hit a 45 yarder. 

The second half will continue with mind numbing penalties, sacks and generally no one getting open against a pretty bad GB defense. 

Finally, absolutely gassed and asking the audience to pass them a cigarette the defense will give up a bomb touchdown. 

Sounds about right.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Same old metric. Does the opponent score more than 17 points?  if yes, there's a 99% chance of a Panthers loss.  If the opponent is held to 17 points, about 33.3% shot of a Panthers win and the chances increase about 15% for every 3 points under that.  I know that doesn't add up to 100%, but you get the idea.

This team would probably lose half the games where the defense holds the opponent to 0 points. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, SOJA said:

33-6

• Pie 1