• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keeping Chris Tabor around in some capacity

Jmac

13 hours ago, Steelo said:

There are no such things as tepper guys. Especially when they had no prior relationship to him.  That "Tepper guy" thing is massively overblown.  IF a new HC wants to keep Tabor I'd be all for it, he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't have HC aspirations and wants to be good at his craft.  Especially when you hire a first time HC.  Tabor might be the easiest hire/retention he makes.  We need an offensive overhaul, Defense and ST have been playing decently well.  Yeah I'd argue that we should be going after kicking competition, but other than that Tabor has been making solid ST players out of fringe roster guys.

Maybe there are no “Tepper” guys, fair enough.

Humor me. Make sure of it by getting rid of any “me” type of self preservationists.

Yeah, 1st one to go. Too bad. Each of those people's  is a talented coach, but you can’t have that tattletale culture.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

He would be the first pink slip for a new HC and GM. Just clean house and try again. Forcing any of the current people on the new staff would be a huge fail because they are supposed to be running the show and not more of the usual mess.

Eh, Evero needs to stick around. He actually started turning Rhule/Snows poo defense in the right direction.  I think with some good drafts and better FA moves he could put a real defensive machine on the field next year… as much as I hate 3-4.

Every other coaching spot I agree should be cleaned out and new HC gets his guys. Of course that’s if Evero is even willing to stay. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Eh, Evero needs to stick around. He actually started turning Rhule/Snows poo defense in the right direction.  I think with some good drafts and better FA moves he could put a real defensive machine on the field next year… as much as I hate 3-4.

Every other coaching spot I agree should be cleaned out and new HC gets his guys. Of course that’s if Evero is even willing to stay. 

He seems like a good coach and I haven't heard anything about him being apart of the coaching drama going on in that house. Still it is so bad here that a fresh start would be welcomed. Maybe the new crew has some connections to him or could mesh well with what they want to do and how they want to do it. But that seems like a lot and this last crew had too many issues with that very thing, too little meshing and a lot of friction from it. Add in Tepper's management flaws and the tighter the crew the better because this time is an absolute mess. 

I'm fine with the 3-4...once they are done trying to build the D around Burns. Solid player but not that kind of player. The 49ers 4-3 would be fun but not the BS attempt they tried last year, Burns should have been on the weakside and they just didn't have that stud 4-3 end on the strong side because that isn't Bruns. 

I have no idea what Evero wants or would do. I do know there are more DCs out there to be had vs the offensive side where they are getting picked up sooner and sooner due to the limited availability of talent. Hell if McDermott becomes available I would love him as a DC, even if for a short time. Maybe Evero gets a shot as a HC this hiring cycle. Just handle it right and if he becomes available down the road don't have a burnt bridge between them is all I am really asking for from that process. 

• Pie 1

I think there is a chance that Tepper might want to keep Tabor around for at least next season as head coach.  

Reasons being:

- He should be firing Fitterer.  That means a new gm who should have a huge say in who the new head coach is going to be.  After finding a new gm it is going to be late in the game to find any decent head coach candidates who haven't already committed to another team.

- Also- it is going to be a very difficult sell to find a head coach who is going to be willing to have Bryce Young forced on them as a starting qb for at least one more year.

- There are a LOT of head coach positions that are going to be open this year.  The Panthers are one of the least desirable places to go

- we have very little draft capital for a new coach/gm combo to use this year to upgrade our team- less incentive for a decent head coach candidate to want to come here- better to wait till 2025 and see if young is a bust for sure

5 hours ago, strato said:

Maybe there are no “Tepper” guys, fair enough.

Humor me. Make sure of it by getting rid of any “me” type of self preservationists.

Yeah, 1st one to go. Too bad. Each of those people's  is a talented coach, but you can’t have that tattletale culture.

Humor me, by pointing out which staff members were "Snitching".. is it just anyone that wasn't fired a snitch? Capers, Caldwell..? I mean I get we're down bad on Mint St but logic has flown out the window with the fanbase as well. How do we know the 2 that got axed by Tabor weren't the ones running behind Frank's back and talking bad about the franchise.  I mean at this point everyone probably believes Tepper was on Epstein's list and because Schefter refuted it that he's also a Tepper guy? Get a grip.  He's a good ST coach, it's likely another HC especially a new one with little connections so far would actually retain him.  I have no issue with that.