• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope you know what this means…

AceBoogie

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

And that’s the key. We’re another season away from even being in position to be optimistic. Then you still have to get the QB right. Then you still have to build a team. We don’t have an offensive line, and holes all over the defense. It’s a 5 year project at minimum. 

They need to start addressing the offensive needs this off-season. I thought bryce turned a corner last week but if he gets hit at all, he regesses. He holds the ball too long trying to make a decision. Fitterer isn't the right one to make these decisions though

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Trade them our 2nd Rd pick. I don't care as long as Bryce is not starting next year.

You’re really picking on the guy who’s not the biggest problem on offense. I get how when a team sucks the QB gets the blame. But if you saw how fuging retarded Ickey was today, you’d be starting Ickey threads first. Not that Young was good — he’s just not the first guy who needs to go. 

I’m freakin tired of people saying he’s a bust. Give him some actual NFL caliber receivers, get the o-line straightened out, hope that Tepper makes the right decisions with hiring and see how Bryce does. If he doesn’t improve THEN you can call him a bust all you want but doing it now is beyond stupid.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m here to admit it. Bryce Young is a bust. It’s not even a debate. He doesn’t have it at this level. Now the sad part….

Because we invested so much in a guy that isn’t going to be THE guy, we’re probably 5-10 years away from having a winning football team again. 

Here’s another thing…it also means our next coach most likely won’t be successful. So in theory, we’re probably looking at a lame duck coach as soon as he signs the papers. 

Buckle up folks, it’s going to be a long journey. The last time I felt like this was when we brought in Teddy Bridgewater.

I said not drafting Justin Fields set this franchise back 10 years. I wasn’t wrong. 

Tepper being impatient and not going with a bridge QB leading up to the 2024 draft is what will set us back at least 5 years.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m freakin tired of people saying he’s a bust. Give him some actual NFL caliber receivers, get the o-line straightened out, hope that Tepper makes the right decisions with hiring and see how Bryce does. If he doesn’t improve THEN you can call him a bust all you want but doing it now is beyond stupid.

I guess we should give him the 49ers team and watch him pass for 200 yards a game with 20 tds and 8 picks. 

The dude would still fuging suck. HE IS NOT A NFL QB. 

15 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

We can be a winning team in 2-3 years with good drafting and coaching. Not likely but possible.

Maybe 500 if all the stars align....they are so far away now, it seems impossible.

Edited by Jmac

Fortunately, things can turn around pretty damn quickly in this league. Yes we're at rock bottom and won't be any good next year and likely the year after. But 2026 is really wide open for us to be anything. The question is can Tepper step the fug away from football ops and hire us a legit GM/HC combo who aren't stipulated to keep Bryce as starter (sunk cost fallacy). New GM hits on a QB in mid/late rounds or FA, HC instills a legit winning culture from day 1 and it does not have to take 5-10 years.

• Pie 2