• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Backers

RumHam

15 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

RE: Lawrence talk — I would hesitate to compare because Trevor is still having a pretty iffy/up and down career. He still doesn’t look like he’s jumping into top-10 QB conversation.

RE: Bryce — I just don’t know at this point. The eye test still just seems really bad. I would love to say he’s getting me excited at times, I’m trying to stay neutral, but it’s been difficult. No getting around that for me, it sucks to say, but it’s just what I see. Just seems way too limited.

Time to position Bryce for next season and see how he can look in a new environment with a revised offense. Not much more to thinK on in that respect. We’ve known what we’re getting with the combo we have on offense for 10+ weeks running.

Will Trevor ever live to his hype? Probably not.  But if you look at him with a real head coach in years 2 and 3? He clearly isn’t a bust  and at worst appears to be a mid level starting QB.  Jags went to the postseason last year and still might this year.  Top 10 in passing yards both years. 

maybe they didn’t hit a home run that can carry their team.  But he has the tools.   They are winning.   And you can compete.   And that gives you hope of continued improvement to come.  And likely will.  Just how much is the unknown. 

Bryce Young just doesn’t look to have the base set of tools to hope on.  His size handicaps things.  Then his arm strength is a handicap on top of that.  Change everything around him and those 2 issues don’t change much in the years to come.  He has a low ceiling.  Which makes giving up the farm for him a strategic error IMO. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You know what's funny? If Bryce hadn't been a "#1 pick" NONE of this thread banter would even be taking place. It's bizarre. Just the label of being #1 puts every eye on you. So let's pretend we had drafted him at #12 or something. 99.9% of the Huddle would say he's crap.

If Bryce was taken at 9 and we had the #1 pick we would be moving off him

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

Imagine hating your team so much you want the #1 pick to fail with the amount they gave up, must suck they must realize they are stuck with him either way right?

New coach will want to move on from him after next season. He's got next year and next year only to prove himself. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Bryce will not be out QB on 2025. It's not that I don't want him to succeed. It's that I don't want to waste half a decade or more denying what is blatantly obvious. 

We missed. Badly. And way overspent in doing so. The only thing worse is falling victim to sunk cost fallacy. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Good news for the Bryce haters. If he is as bad as you think he is we will be picking #1 in 2025 and you can replace him then. Personally ,I'm still on the Bryce bandwagon, give the kid some weapons and an OL and watch him cook. 

This is what I am saying. I was not a fan of the pick but I am willing to stick with him through next season to see what the next HC can do. My only point I have ever stated is that Bryce's rookie season should not be an indictment on him being a bust. He needs another season, with a supporting cast around him, to make an actual judgment on him.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

New coach will want to move on from him after next season. He's got next year and next year only to prove himself. 

I'd put money down that new coach brings in a QB he's familiar with or something along those lines via the draft as a contingency plan.  No new coach is going all eggs in a basket for Bryce, especially if they want to coach past next season. Too risky.  All I need now is for a new GM and that will wholeheartedly solidify BY's leash.