• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Backers

RumHam

14 hours ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Give him until the end of year 3. If he doesn't have it by then, you can move on.

There won’t be a franchise or any fans left if they send him out there for 34 more games.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

We are not going to find any good head coaching candidates willing to give Bryce Young two full seasons no matter what and risk getting canned like Rhule and Reich and their first and possibly only opportunity as a head coach going down in flames. Tepper is going to have to take one on the chin and accept that BY is on the outside looking in regardless of any other circumstances. He will have to look like a completely different QB next season. Folks here who deal in pleasantries and fantasies will have to accept this as well. This sport will chew you up and spit you out. It is and will always be a what have you done for me lately league.

This was always the case. Unless Qb is already a certified HOF/ multi pro bowler NO coach wants to be attached to a previous regime QB who is an unknown... they will atleast demand the right to move if necessary. Reichs crew came right in and cut matt corral. I dont know what people are thinking. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This was always the case. Unless Qb is already a certified HOF/ multi pro bowler NO coach wants to be attached to a previous regime QB who is an unknown... they will atleast demand the right to move if necessary. Reichs crew came right in and cut matt corral. I dont know what people are thinking. 

Half way there. Once Fritters is gone then his time left is counting down because even Tepper can't make all new people prop that guy up forever. That is what 2025 will most likely look like. I have a feeling we won't be getting a new GM in 24 given the Young situation for this very reason. 

7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Half way there. Once Fritters is gone then his time left is counting down because even Tepper can't make all new people prop that guy up forever. That is what 2025 will most likely look like. I have a feeling we won't be getting a new GM in 24 given the Young situation for this very reason. 

Tepper has no patience after he’s made up his mind on someone and has awful timing on firing people.  It sucks but it’s looking like Fitterer is probably back next year.  He hung on to Hurney and Rhule for too long.  He’ll do it again.  If he was out on Fitterer he would have already fired him with Frank.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Tepper has no patience after he’s made up his mind on someone and has awful timing on firing people.  It sucks but it’s looking like Fitterer is probably back next year.  He hung on to Hurney and Rhule for too long.  He’ll do it again.  If he was out on Fitterer he would have already fired him with Frank.

Yup, been saying that since Frank was fired. But it's Tepper so who knows what his incompetence will do next. A new GM that makes SF look not so bad? Another all-star staff brought in to bring the franchise QB out of Young seems like the next losing move that is locked in. That seems like a lock that SF stays then because no one else would have much tied to Bryce beyond the hiring peocess.

I wish Tepper would ditch Young like he did Teddy. I would take a 2nd and never look back...or a 5th. Whatever makes the football watchable again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I didnt know being taller than 5'8" was winning the genetic lottery. 

Im only 6 foot tall, but hell my 20 year old daughter is 5"7'

my 16 year old son measured 5'10 172lbs at the doctor just last week.   Granted he hasnt filled out yet but he still looks scrawny to me.  I cannot imagine him play professional football with 10 more pounds added

• Pie 2

I think instead of banging my head against my desk over why Bryce Backers are still being stubborn about the kid, I'll just let it go now. Why? According to them, Bryce will play better with a stellar Oline, better WRs, and a better coach. Well that's not coming to Carolina. So they will always have an excuse for Bryce. It's pointless to argue with them.

20 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I think instead of banging my head against my desk over why Bryce Backers are still being stubborn about the kid, I'll just let it go now. Why? According to them, Bryce will play better with a stellar Oline, better WRs, and a better coach. Well that's not coming to Carolina. So they will always have an excuse for Bryce. It's pointless to argue with them.

I think it's safe to say that most of the remaining Bryce Young fanboys are diehard fans of Spiderman comics. They're confusing Bryce with that fictional scrawny nerd.

It's all deeply psychological, and I suspect of Young's fanboys have only become interested in football because of him. It's comical how little they know football, which is something they unfortunately share with the Teppers.

I mean this is Jonestown, Heaven's Gate, and Skip Bayless level poo going on right here.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I think it's safe to say that most of the remaining Bryce Young fanboys are diehard fans of Spiderman comics. They're confusing Bryce with that fictional scrawny nerd.

It's all deeply psychological, and I suspect of Bryce fanboys have only become interested in football because of him. It's comical how little they know football, which is something they unfortunately share with the Teppers.

lol - Miles Morales catching strays out here

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's fairly pointless arguing with Bryce haters too... Cause y'all constantly have a reason to blame everything on Bryce...

And for the record, some of us arent necessarily trying to make the case that we are Bryce Young fans, but more so the fact that we have more realistic expectations then some the Bryce haters who thinks this is Madden and he is automatically going to an all-pro in year 1 but yet, continues to use the same bull excuse, " Well CJ is playing better" crap.

If it was any other rookie QB, and they were struggling, I would still give them more than a year to show promise.