• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what point did you figure out Tepper is a piece of shitt

3 hours ago, t96 said:

The reality is none of us really know. The drink thing wasn't a good look. There have been some other reports/hearsay about how he treats his employees that don't shed the brightest light on him. Whether you believe those or not is up to you but it really doesn't matter because none of us know the man. I tend to not judge people I haven't actually known personally unless people I really trust have strong opinions about them.

But all that being said, that just speaks to David Tepper the man. David Tepper the owner can absolutely be judged, as the truly embarrassing results speak for themselves. He is a terrible owner and has run this franchise into the ground, that's not really debatable. Could he possibly turn it around? Sure we've seen crazier things in this world. But odds seem pretty low and he doesn't seem willing to truly look in the mirror and change his behavior. My biggest concern has been him bringing his hedge fund mindset to the NFL. In his hedge funds things that looked like terrible decisions could be waited out and look genius when given time. That doesn't really apply to what look like terrible decisions in the NFL. Especially combined with his ego and lack of patience and ability to actually trust football people.

As much as people love to hate on Rhule here, he was screwed from the start. He came in with a plan to rebuild the team completely from scratch which he said would take 5 years. He was given less than 2.5 years. Tepper fired him due to "lack of progression/improvement" but that was very short sighted as I think the team and roster did progress and improve under Rhule, it just wasn't readily visible. Wilks taking over made it more visible for a brief spell and it would've made sense to stick with him and keep building on that momentum. Instead Tepper decides to blow it all up and undo that progress by trading everything for a QB and overhauling the coaching staff while having his hands all over it. There was so much dysfunction with Reich's staff that it's pretty obvious Tepper was driving almost all the assistant hires, which is just absurd. And as bad as this year has been to throw in the towel on Reich before 1 season is even up is also absurd. Dude just has no fuging clue what he's doing

You're right. Their absolutely is a distinction between the owner and the man---the football and everything else. I think that it's very appropriate to discuss his terrible decisions in reference to the team's play on our main board. The other stuff is more appropriate for the TB. 

52 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Caping? I've called Tepper on his poo, but I'm not about to call him a POS, or anyone else, just because they had business dealings gone wrong, purposefully mispronounced a man's name or threw a drink on someone who was likely taunting. That's the problem with most dumbasses in this country, they seemingly don't know how to discriminate between bad reactions on a personal level and bad intentions on a greater social, cultural or societal level. The two aren't the same. I don't care how you try to manipulate your penchant for strawman fallacies, I'm not going to refer to Tepper as a POS, and frankly I think that it's borderline sociopathic to call a person a POS over a business dealing gone wrong, a decidedly mild response to likely being taunted or even lesser reactions. We have enough instances of real bad deeds, intentions, and results of inhumane behavior in this world to discern the true nature of true evil. 

And furthermore, there is literally nothing you can say to make me believe that this thread is appropriate for this forum.

I'm not telling you to call him a POS. I'm not sitting here calling him names.

I'm telling you he is a very poor owner and he is very bad in his overall decision making from major team decisions down to basic things like attending games and acting like an angry toddler. He is also very petty and we are hearing he only wants to surround himself with literal yes men.

If you don't agree so be it.

Edited by frankw

19 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're right. Their absolutely is a distinction between the owner and the man---the football and everything else. I think that it's very appropriate to discuss his terrible decisions in reference to the team's play on our main board. The other stuff is more appropriate for the TB. 

Like it or not, he's a very public figure and the personal stuff becomes public. Especially when he's in the news for things like the drink thing. You don't have to engage in it and I agree it's a waste of time to discuss but public figures are not off limits, just comes with the territory and Tepper knew what he was getting into when he bought an NFL team.

Also if you go that far you have to apply it evenly. I.e. separating the football player from the guy off the field like in the Hardy situation or a Miles Bridges situation. Do you expect fans to ignore things like those and basically take the stance that if someone isn't in prison they can play football and should only be discussed from a football perspective? Personally I would like it that way but I know it's not even remotely realistic as most can't separate the things.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Carolinas aren't actually full of classy people, far from it. So there's that.

As to tearing down the house of a certified asshole that cheated people out of millions, among other bad behaviors, I could care less.

The tearing down the house and then building a bigger one on top of it if one of the first signs of a person with the I'm God syndrome..............revenge!

• Pie 1

Maybe he needed to go, but I never liked the way he fired Rivera. Ron is the best coach in team history, he deserved more respect than that. I’ve never seen a whole roster in mourning after a coach got fired. They pretty much quit after Fewell took over and this franchise hasn’t had the same competitive spirit since, sans Wilks’ interim stretch last season. How they let Cam twist in the wind for Teddy Bridgewater was the last straw for me. 

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Pie 1

My honeymoon was over when he tore out long term season seat holders seats in the end zone and didnt tell them until pictures hit the web. Then he offered, we are talking about the loyal superfans, seats in the upper decks without ANY discount. All to maximize those concerts he famously brought to NC....

Bonus- He pits NC vs SC for his failed avengers project. 

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

If we were winning games and Tepper threw water on a fan.... would anyone still care?

Not excusing him at all just something I thought of.

Most fans would be championing him with praise and positive memes if panthers were winning. " Thats MY OWNER, screw that guy, HE DERSERVED IT!!!11!!11!11 "

• Beer 2

the signs were there from the start but I chose to look away/deny them.... For me it was the Rock Hill fiasco... We were finally gunna have a state of the art facility to kick us ahead of the competition. Now years after and Not a peep from Tepper. bought a 100K dome to practice inside when its raining. whoopdie doo!