• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Fitterer be fired?

1 hour ago, CBDellinger said:

It can always get worse. 

Beat me to it...

A person of average intelligence makes average level mistakes.  To galactically screw up requires someone who is absolutely brilliant... and knows it!

[Anyone who has spent years in upper management knows this to be true.]

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 2

If Tepper wants to show he’s serious about getting this right, he’ll fire Fitterer on black Monday. There’s literally no use in keeping him and allowing him to pick another coach after reports came out he was undermining the previous guy. That’d be a turn off if I was a potential candidate. 

I want to believe he hasn’t been fired yet because I mean it’s truly not much an interim GM can do in season, post trade deadline. 

16 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

If Tepper wants to show he’s serious about getting this right, he’ll fire Fitterer on black Monday. There’s literally no use in keeping him and allowing him to pick another coach after reports came out he was undermining the previous guy. That’d be a turn off if I was a potential candidate. 

It'd be a red flag for me too 

If he were to transition into this other role, unsure whether he'd take part in a coaching or GM search.

5 hours ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

I think everyone on this board wants him fired. The question is will Tepper fire him or keep him as his stooge. I am concerned the latter may be the case. He should have been gone with Reich.

Did you think Reich should be fired, when he was?

If Tepper is serious about actually winning, which I believe he is, then Fitterer's days as GM are numbered. Tepper has put himself into a position where no HC that's worth a damn will give way to Fitterer (or even Tepper himself). 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Tepper is serious about actually winning, which I believe he is, then Fitterer's days as GM are numbered. Tepper has put himself into a position where no HC that's worth a damn will give way to Fitterer (or even Tepper himself). 

Agreed, Fitterer will be gone sooner vs. later.

I can’t believe he still had a job. In a vacuum judging just by what he’s done, he’s been the worst GM in the NFL. He’s lost on every trade he’s made. His best move is signing Frankie Luvu. Whoopee!

The only reason I think Tepper hasn’t fired him is he knows how much he meddled in his decisions and might let him finally work without his influence. But we can only hope. 

• Pie 2